At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
*** THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY ANYWHERE IN THE US ***
A Refrigeration Field Service Engineer is expected to manage and provide direction to our refrigeration service providers and technicians as in all matters related to the installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair of refrigeration systems. These activities may be remote and consultative or may require direct interaction on site at a customer’s facility. The primary focus of the Refrigeration Field Service Engineer is to solve problems, provide solutions, ensure quality and facilitate timely job administration based on the customer’s financial and performance criteria.
- Provide technical assistance to refrigeration technicians and direct field activity as required to address problems and answer questions related to refrigeration systems at the job site.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide guidance on the corrective actions necessary to resolve technical issues.
- Assist with the scheduling of service technicians as required to properly service and repair refrigeration systems.
- Assist with the hiring, training and compliance of service resources and personnel, both internal to Trane and by external third party providers.
- Possess knowledge of refrigeration service maintenance contract details and administrative practices, communicate appropriately with the customer under the guidance of the Account Manager
- Assist the Service Operations Manager with customer inquiries, bidding and other necessary items, including the approval and authorization of quoted work above local financial limits
- Assist the Service Operations Manager as needed in the review and approval of refrigeration service work orders to ensure 100% completion and accuracy and that compliance with applicable laws, codes and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local agencies
Expected travel to various customer sites. Expected to be at least 30%
- Associate Degree or Accredited Apprenticeship in an Engineering Technology such as Refrigeration, HVAC, or Electrical, with 5 years’ experience of servicing Refrigeration equipment, HVAC, and/or Electrical maintenance OR High School Diploma/GED with 10 years’ experience servicing refrigeration equipment; BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Technology (preferred)
- 3 years of maintenance or service leadership experience.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- Knowledgeable in repair techniques for a broad array of mechanical applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- High degree of initiative is required as well as ability to balance multiple and changing production requirements and to make sound business decisions using facts and good judgment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents): For Salaried positions - $64,500-$143,640 (COLORADO RESIDENTS ONLY)
Additional Compensation: Local Incentive Plan 5%-20%
- Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status