Job DescriptionNOTE: This position can be filled at a different level based on the final scope of job responsibilities and job requirements.
The purpose of this position is to influence, persuade and motivate property owners/managers, builders and energy decision-makers to incorporate energy efficient programs, services, technologies into their property portfolios and new construction projects to successfully achieve goal-oriented business results. Position will establish long-term relationships with large builder customers, property owners. Account Executive will work to deliver integrated portfolio recommendations and solutions to existing property owners and/or new construction builders to achieve deep energy savings. Collaboratively work with Account Executive (AE) team and program management staff across the organization to modify marketing strategy, sales programs and policies based on customer feedback and actual field experience. Responsible for delivering enrollments to meet individual/team energy savings goals. Provide leadership and single-point accountability for assigned customers, with monthly performance tracking metrics.
- Manage/facilitate/motivate builders and portfolio property owners to incorporate energy efficiency CAHP and/or EENHP programs into their residential new construction and large, single/multi-family projects. Deliver and manage cross-portfolio program enrollments to meet individual and team goals. Facilitate integrated, full-service approach to maximize customer benefit. Serve as a point-of-contact for 20+ key account clients.
- Develop and maintain owner/builder management relationships. Monitor, track and report on all customer portfolios and projects, as assigned. Prepare monthly performance metrics, review and present SCG programs and service offerings, proposals, technical analyses. Present and obtain completed program commitments and contracts.
- Document and track program success, including case studies and analytical reports, provide expert recommendations, facilitate training & event planning, and develop marketing materials. Must be competent in tracking energy and water savings to document success on assigned projects.
- Target and deliver new builder portfolios to ensure long-term success. Speak about program benefits internally, at meetings with muni partners and at various builder industry events. Research internal/external property owner data to identify/target/deliver leads and opportunities.
- Based on field experience and customer feedback, provides input to EE/ESAP program management teams on what programs, service offerings and incentive/program service offerings need to be modified or developed. Assist in streamlining and improving systems and offerings.
- Collect competitive intelligence through field customer contacts and transmit information to program management staffs for use in strategy and program development. Provide monthly status report and milestones on all assigned projects.
- Coordinate with SoCalGas program management and counterparts at IOU/muni/water providers. Take leadership role on internal teams and with industry organizations (BIA, Analyst/Rater orgs and/or utility working groups). Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally (for example SoCalGas’ field services) and externally
- Present in-depth, industry/market overviews and analysis at staff meetings. Take the lead in preparing innovative, ‘off the menu’ solutions. Maintain a good understanding of competitive energy costs (i.e., new technologies, retrofit construction costs/timelines, local governmental issues, electric/water rates, alternative energy options (PV, solar thermal, heat pumps, fuel cells etc) as well as, competing energy conservation programs.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses used to evaluate the technical, economic and market feasibility of existing and new equipment and/or concepts. Consider customer motives, costs and willingness to invest in energy and water efficiency in formulating solutions.
- Attend numerous technical training courses per year relating to overall building performance including: green building practices, energy software modeling/Energy Scorecard, Title 24 Energy Codes, new systems technologies etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Public Relations, or equivalent experience. Required.
- Executive I requires a minimum of two years experience.
- Executive II requires at least 4-6 years.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who’s able to work independently and on a team in delivering energy savings goal & results.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead and manage 20+ complex, multi-dimensional retrofit/construction projects, ability to negotiate and present at a senior level required. Must have diverse experience coupled with proven ability to foster strong relationships. Must be comfortable networking/cold calling to generate new leads.
- Must provide examples demonstrating a proven ability to deliver results while operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must possess customer focus and understand customer values in delivering cost effective ‘Win/Win’ utility/customer solutions.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required for success in this role. Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to author external presentations and written docs which will be delivered to senior executives externally.
- Position requires an individual who has the vision to see down the road and ability to obtain buy-in from the many diverse stakeholders who will help us get there.
- Must clearly demonstrate superior project management skills/experience and must be extremely comfortable handling technical, database and large computer files (construction drawings, T24 reports etc). Clear record of excellent negotiation, written and verbal communication skills required. Planning/strategy and/or internal or external communications experience a plus.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and must demonstrate superior ability to forecast accurately.
- Must have a strong understanding of Energy Efficiency, Customer Assistance, Alternative Energy, Demand Response and other programs.
- Must understand financial metrics upon which builders and large property owner make business/purchase decisions. Must be an eager ‘problem solver,’ who’s eager to partner with other programs, departments throughout the organization in delivering excellent service to our large customers.
- Must be able to attend numerous events for up to 2 -6 hrs at a time, job site meetings. In some instances, position requires event set-up (small displays, collateral etc.). Must provide own transportation with business mileage reimbursement. Position requires min 25% outside, local travel. Requires attendance at industry related and/or after hours events and approx 20 – 50% local travel & use of personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement).
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting detailed records on all approved business related expenses in keeping with Corporate policies.