Performs duties essential to developing designs for Engineering and Manufacturing. Works closely with Design Engineers under minimum supervision. This position is responsible for new platform designs, type I, II and III, including all documentation and data associated with the task.
- Prepares detailed mechanical or electrical drawings from notes, verbal instructions, rough or detailed sketches, or marked up prints
Shows expertise in the design, documentation, and maintenance in sheet metal and machined parts
Participates on a commodity team and is active in supporting new platform development activities.
Makes mathematical calculations to determine dimensions, hole, and component locations and tolerances.
Writes specifications on material, finish, and tolerances
Performs various designs of sheet metal components
Defines component parts for data entry to Bill of Materials
Work at this level may include the instruction of Mechanical Drafters
Attends meetings to gather information and identify and implement solutions
Other duties as assigned
- Must have a working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5
- Must show advanced computer skills with AE defined CAD software.
- Must have a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, including conformance to scheduling and resource utilization management
- Prefer 1 – 3 years of related design experience plus 3 years of drafting experience or equivalent education.
- Must have working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Expertise in the design, documentation, and maintenance of sheet metal and mechanical parts
- Previous experience working with sheet metal preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
Works in a standard office environment utilizing standard office equipment, a noisy fast-paced lab, and/or clean room
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce. Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that includes:
Medical - 4 different health care plan options, dental, and vision
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3 floating holidays
- 8 Hours of paid volunteer time off
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance programs
- Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft, legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident insurance
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job ID: 19873