In this external sales position you'll build and use your professional relationships, technical knowledge and sales & analytical skills to provide value, advice and support for your defined customer base. You will increase customer awareness of our valve product line and services to drive opportunities and increase revenue.
- Works with factory to proposes parts, equipment and/or service packages; identifies appropriate pricing models and leverages value propositions to assist in sales process to increase wallet share within specifically identified accounts.
- Reviews and proposes contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Participates in the proposal phase with technical assistance, equipment specifications, estimations and analyses.
- Develops meaningful business relationships through frequent face-to-face contact with direct end-users.
- Manages administrative/contractual aspects of channel network and any regional third parties and reinforces relationships by meeting in person and corresponding frequently to support our dual sales efforts to end users.
- Liaises with members of the sales team and other product technical experts. Researches and reports on competitive sources.
- Manages external projects with external stakeholders to facilitate execution of various sales initiatives to increase order intake and revenue (e.g. Consignment and FPA programs, etc.)
- Uses internal business systems (Salesforce.com, Power BI, etc.) to drive sales. Complies with company policy to ensure the organization is equipped with accurate data for the future.
- Participates in training and classes to develop associated skills that directly support group initiatives.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in external sales and/or with technical distributors a plus
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Eagerness to drive sales with a competitive spirit
- Ability to travel up-to 50% to destinations in the USA and Canada
- Active driver’s license
- Valid USA work authorization
What we offer
- An equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
- A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities
- Work-life balance so you can focus on professional and personal priorities
- Competitive base salary + sales incentive program.
- Competitive benefit package including health, disability, life, and voluntary insurance options
- Time to recharge through PTO, 10 annual holidays, and parental leave
- Retirement preparation with a 401(k) and company match
- And some extra help when you need it through our Employee Assistance Program
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Required)
- One location