Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Tech Project/Change Manager
In this role you will focus on the successful delivery of an end technology product or result developed through a series of multiple projects. Responsibilities include coordinating a program’s projects, milestones, deliverables, and interdependencies; leading program governance, reporting, budgeting and finance, and alignment with an overall portfolio; overseeing program management resources; setting budgets and validating expense reconciliation for underlying projects; developing a program plan; and coordinating with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as needed. In addition, role will deliver change initiatives for the business, contributing to the overall strategic objectives. Role will also provide oversight and supervision of other Tech Project Managers or Tech Project/Change Managers.
- Perform hands-on program management for multiple technology development projects and teams
- Establish project governance, working groups, and communication with stakeholders
- Drive planning at the various organizational levels to ensure projects are on track/resourced
- Ensure timetable and deliverable schedules are understood and communicated
- Report project / program status
- Manage dependencies proactively, coordinate across teams to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Contribute to executive-level updates on strategy, budget, project delivery, controls, risks, etc.
- Organize required reporting for business and technology management review sessions
- Supervises and oversees activities of assigned resources from the business, IT, and vendor/consultants (if applicable) in order to further the goals of business and technology and ensure project goals are met
- Supports the design, development, delivery, and management of communication and training plans
- Applies a structured methodology and leads change management activities to drive the successful completion of the defined initiatives(s)
- Provides articulate and accurate reporting to stakeholders and creates presentations appropriate for audience
- Partners with Technology and Business Leads, who bring the technical and business expertise, required for successful execution
- Manages change initiatives of medium to high complexity, with cross-functional and enterprise impacts
- Creates change management strategy and actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Identifies and manages anticipated resistance
- Consults and coaches project teams
- Integrates change management activities into project plan
- Creates and maintains the project Work Break Down Structure
- Oversees/conducts all project activities and supervises/creates and archives all project documentation
- Identifies, mitigates, and reports project risks; tracks all testing/issues and identifies those for escalation
- Manages stakeholders and customers
- Negotiates business and IT resources for project allocation
- Negotiates vendor proposals and manages vendor relationships
- Manages project budget to ensure maximum allotments are not exceeded; track financials related to technology expenditures including software, hardware, and resource clalocation
- Adheres to Bank’s Project Life Cycle (PLC) methodology
- Evaluates and ensure user readiness
- Defines and measures success metrics, monitors change progress, and completes change management assessments
- Manages the portfolio and change load
- Directly manages a team of Junior PMs or Change Analysts as necessary
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree preferred
- 6-8+ years of technology project/program management and/or change initiative experience in large, cross-organizational projects, prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts, and negotiating timelines
- Strong experience within a technology organization in the banking or financial services industry
- Understands the business, industry, and the role IT places in driving financial success
- Proficient with SDLC project and process management tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse projects including, analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing, problem solving, decision-making, and carrying out assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Successfully managed (independently) large scale and complex initiatives, from start to finish, with a duration of at least 6 months
- Expertise in MS Project/PM Tools and MS Office Suite experience
- Prior experience working within business line and/or support group supporting non-technology and change management initiatives
- Prior Business Analyst experience and/or Operational expertise preferred
- Familiarity with Retail/Wholesale products, services, and systems
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.