If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a Rental Account Manager, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your sales career.
This position exists as the primary Rental Sales/Marketing function at the BU level and is outside sales, B2B. This position mainly supports the commercial rental and trailer services product lines. It will also increase Ryder's rental sales presence in the BU ensuring the generation of profitable new accounts while retaining existing accounts- the ultimate customer satisfaction. The end result should be the pure rental revenue growth, improved profitability and improved Return on Assets. In addition, given their lease conversion quotas, the position should be additional lease sales filters for the organization improving the lease sales productivity and performance for the Lease Sales organization. Your ability to connect and build value & relationships is critical. The position is territory based, requires heavy ground travel and, in addition to a salary, rewards performance with an uncapped commission structure you dictate.
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Sales Territory- North haven and Hartford south
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named a “ Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation ” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “ World’s Most Admired Companies ,” one of “ America’s Most Responsible Companies ” by Newsweek.
#FB #INDexempt #LI-post
Develop leads through cold calls, telephone solicitation and customer visits. Through the use of product knowledge, assess customer's needs and develops a proposal. Work with rental operations to ensure the equipment is available. The RAM is also responsible for marketing at the branch level and ensuring that rental sales representative are skilled in telemarketing to prospective customers and current customers
SCOPE OF DECISION MAKING:
Contacting actual decision maker, developing a competitive proposal. Training of RSR in proper phone skills and marketing techniques
- CUSTOMER RETENTION:
Maintain a contact with the customers through multiple customer visits and phone calls. Ensure quality service is provided by effectively handling customer complaints and staying abreast of customer needs and long term rentals
SCOPE OF DECISION MAKING:
Retaining customers in a price competitive market. Scheduling a time for retention visits to long term rental customers to ensure Ryder keeps a good relationship
- TIME ADMINISTRATION:
Proposal and contract development, maintaining customer files, preparation of follow-up correspondence and coordination with other BU departments. Maintaining FIS integrity and accuracy of customer data in the DPS system. Administration-credit approval, collections of receivables, maintenance-PM status and updates of scheduling.
- SCOPE OF DECISION MAKING:
Follow-up within a specific time frame. Compliance with company procedures. Diplomatically dealing with collection of past due receivables
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- High energy, self directed, self motivated and able to work as part of a team as well
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Committed to good ethical business practices
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing or 5 years equivalent job related experience
- One (1) year or more sales experience or equivalent sales training required
- Three (3) years or more sales experience preferred
- One (1) year or more Industry experience preferred
Job CategoryOutside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.