Position Summary. The Procurement Specialist will be an experienced and seasoned sales professional with property-based account management/service experience. This role is a territory-based "sales to service" role with the primary focus on selling, implementing and servicing new private golf clubs, private city clubs, private catering businesses and large athletic clubs using Avendra. The Specialist will be expected to showcase keen business development skills to help determine client needs, aspirations, goals and business objectives, financial objectives and align them to the various benefits offered by Avendra's programs and the Avendra Clubs high-touch services model.
Position Reports to. Senior Director Process Excellence (Consulting, Discovery, Avendra Clubs)
Sign, Implement and Service New Private Clubs
- Target, prospect, sell, sign and rollout new Avendra Customers.
- Sales/Service Process leadership and prospect/client engagement from contact through strategy, proposal, savings/results presentation and successful conclusion via signing of a new Avendra SCSA Value Agreement.
- Demonstrate personal ownership of the customer relationship.
Customer-Focused Sales Acumen
- Research and analyze client goals and objectives using a verified target list of Private Golf Club in a designated territory.
- Develop insights that provide opportunities to teach prospect new approaches to reach their goals and objectives through purchasing optimization, and the implementation of best practices and recommendations.
- As a key part of servicing component of the role. assigned Avendra Customers schedule customer-focused business review (some via electronic format and some in person) that address client objectives and generate two-way collaboration to take advantage of incremental opportunities for supplier usage. Each customer should receive 3-4 business reviews annually.
- Develop and lead strategy process regarding competitive environment; market trends, account strategy and team efforts to continuously improve our benefits presentation and customer success.
- Build specific sales strategies for customer retention efforts: goals, competitive position, client relations and actions to ensure retention of client accounts
- Help develop customer-specific solutions that align with their needs.
- Utilize regional and national supplier resources to help "push the envelope" toward market share gain and customer growth and satisfaction.
- Develop and introduce tools and techniques for improved efficiency and effectiveness to drive higher returns for Avendra and our customers.
Other Duties. Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment. This job operates in an office/remote setting location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands. This is largely a sedentary role with some light lifting of files possibly needed.
- Prior sales and/or operational leadership experience in the private club market or hospitality preferred.
- Strong proficiency with all MS Office applications and mainstream online tools and the ability to access, manage and slice and dice data to create actionable customer improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to think, plan and sell and service customers strategically.
- Must possess a consultative, customer-centric "customer advisor" philosophy.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to build alliances and influence key decision makers both internally and externally without formal authority.
- Managing customer relationships through creative problem solving and customer savvy.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Efficient organizational skills (time/territory management) a must.
Overnight Travel Requirements. Up to 60%
Years of Relevant Experience. 5-8 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience