Axogen is committed to building and maintaining a strong and gratifying company culture that fosters a work-life balance and professional growth. Our hands-on and personal approach makes transitioning to a new job a seamless and enjoyable process. Most benefits are effective on day one!
Axogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves.
Contribute to positively impacting lives while working for a company that respects, recognizes, and values all team members!
Axogen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Why you'll love working at Axogen:
- Friendly, open, and fun team culture that values unique perspectives
- Company-wide dedication to profoundly impacting patients' lives
- Comprehensive, high-quality benefits package effective on date of hire
- Educational assistance available for all employees
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holidays, including floating holidays, to be used at your discretion
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral incentive program
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look at these inspiring patient stories: https://www.axogeninc.com/patient-stories/
Axogen is hiring for an Area Sales Manager in California!
Job Summary of the Area Sales Manager
In this position, you will work from your home office in this territory (Riverside or San Bernardino County) and will travel to customer sites. The Area Sales Manager achieves sales revenue targets and grows market share for a specified territory, by promoting, selling and servicing Axogen's portfolio of nerve repair products. Practices good, ethical territory management in terms of organization, planning, administration and expense planning and control. Increases sales and revenue by aggressively targeting and developing existing as well as new accounts. Trains appropriate medical staff on products and procedures. Meets expectations as defined by Sales Management.
Requirements of the Area Sales Manager
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years sales experience in medical sales
- Operating Room sales experience
- Orthopedic and/or Medical device experience preferred
Responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager
- PLANNING / RESULTS ORIENTATION
- Ability to develop, implement and deliver on plans to achieve/exceed sales targets. Plans, actions, and results should include:
- Consistent achievement/over-achievement of sales objectives
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Specific targeted accounts/customers in which to maintain and grow business
- Identified competitive accounts in which to establish and promote new business
- Consistent follow through on all objectives and assignments
- Metrics and timelines to evaluate results
- TERRITORY MANAGEMENT / ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
- Effectively manage time to ensure maximum coverage of targeted accounts within territory in order to achieve optimum level of exposure and results
- Develop and act on plans which identify growth opportunities within current and competitive customer accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors
- In collaboration with other departments, manage field inventory to optimally balance availability of product with inventory costs
- Control and manage expenses in the most cost-effective manner for the company
- Effectively present, support and manage Axogen pricing policy and price agreements
- INFLUENCE AND SELLING SKILLS
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc.
- Plan, implement and deliver effective sales/product presentations to customers, defining objectives and measuring success
- Probe to understand and confirm customers' needs, handle objections, and gain commitment by customers on actions to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
- Maximize revenue potential by targeting specific customers develop and to drive growth
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
- Maintain high standard of personal presentation and promote a professional image
- SELF DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Proactively develop knowledge, skills and abilities in all relevant areas; e.g., clinical, technical, product and sales skills
- Recognize, understand, and be able to communicate features, strengths, benefits and value proposition AxoGen products provide.
- Participate in product and skill development programs and activities such as classroom education, role playing, on-the-job training, and other relevant activities that assist in the development of the team and yourself
- Adherence with all company policies and procedures; Sunshine Act, AdvaMed, etc.,
- Compliance with all relevant clinical and regulatory body guidelines
- Adherence to customer account policies and procedures where applicable
- Compliance with all safety standards, policies and regulations
- Compliance with all other standards, policies and legal requirements related to this position
Inland Empire - Riverside & San Bernardino Counties, California
Job Type: Full-time