POSITION SUMMARY: Manages sales staff of the Midwest Region, which includes the territory of Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa. Over $30mm in sales.
Candidate can live in any location within the Territory. Must be willing to travel 25-50%
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for achieving the areas sales and gross profit goals. Manages outside staff and assigns territories/customers to each sales representative.
2. Trains and coaches the sales force in techniques to produce optimal revenue for the branches within his/her area. Co-ordinate seminars that the sales staff should attend.
3. Manages new and existing customer accounts; maintains excellent customer relations by calling on and assuring that the customers needs are met.
4. Monitors customer activity including industry and market trends, competitive actions, pricing situations and makes recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or minimize risk.
5. Determines and assigns daily activity level of the days force and monitors said activities. Determines and assigns sales personnel commissions and monitors said activity.
6. Provides support for and implements the programs initiated by the company and senior management's well as making recommendations for such programs.
7. Reviews sales invoices to insure accuracy and makes corrections. Generates and analyzes related sales and revenue reports and submits to appropriate office.
8. Responsible for the regional performance and achievements of the regions goals.
9. Develop business plan and operating income goal for region.
10. Performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. AA degree in business, sales or equivalent work experience.
2. Five years experience in administration and/or management and involvement in the construction business.
3. Strong verbal, written leadership and interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to use computer spreadsheet and other software programs.
5. Must have ability to take an idea and develop a marketing/sales strategy to bring to the market.