American Express is the leading payment card issuer for commercial businesses in the United States. The Commercial Acquisition Group (CAG) is responsible for engaging new commercial customers across the world with a diverse suite of product offerings. This team of over 200 colleagues across centers in Phoenix, AZ and Sunrise, FL acquires new business, provides early tenure treatment, and grows the portfolios of our Small Business, Corporate, and Lending commercial customers.
As our team continues to expand, we are searching for people who possess self-confidence, a positive attitude, and willingness to speak with successful business owners and encourage them to use our products. A discerning eye for business and executive presence is crucial. If this is you, and you’re interested, we look forward to meeting you very soon.
The primary focus of this role is to use inside sales to acquire new commercial customers with annual company revenues of $500,000 to $10 million. The ideal candidate will have the tenacity and endurance to call potential customers utilizing consultative selling skills to provide business solutions to our prospects through the American Express business suite of products.
- Make outbound calls to contact business owners with annual company revenues of $500k to $10M, using target lists provided by American Express
- Engage in phone consultations with business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs, and recommend the right American Express Business products
- Maintain high levels of product and service knowledge, clearly communicate appropriate product features and benefits and other elements of American Express Small Business products.
- Effectively lead pipeline of prospective customers.
- Continuously seek to improve key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections, and closing sales
- Adhere to American Express Blue Box Values, GCS Sales Practices and Standard Operating Procedure, American Express Leadership Behaviors
- Be a champion of and for compliance within USACG and GCS
- Inside Sales experience conducting outbound sales calls
- Experience in a cold-calling environment a plus
- Consistent record of growing and maintaining business relationships
- Experience in a highly-regulated industry
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of the various sales cycles and stages
- Navigating through multiple digital platforms and web-based tools
- Active listening skills and a consultative approach to client conversations
- Strong phone skills with the ability to adapt a message to multiple audiences at various levels
- Ability to further engage highly engaged customers
- Has a service mentality and an understanding of consultative selling
- Must uphold the American Express Blue Box Values
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.