The Patient Account Representative is responsible for knowing all pieces of the billing cycle and entering charges into our practice management system, NextGen. This position is responsible for the proper and timely entry of payments and financial details.
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial reports.
- Accurately enter payments.
- Provides excellent customer service when answering questions and finding resolutions to billing issues.
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines and confidentially maintains patient's information at all times.
- Answers billing questions and acts as a resource for billing department.
- Works closely with the clinics front and back office personnel to pro-actively resolve and prevent payment errors.
- Reviews information and updates patient accounts by accessing various screens and accurately updating account information.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks directed by Supervisor of Patient Accounts and Director of Patient Accounts.
- Prior experience in a medical or dental clinics setting/environment.
- Prior experience with payment posting.
- Ability to create and maintain with accuracy - detailed spreadsheets.
- Must be proficient with Excel.
- Prior experience with NextGen is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of health-care insurance and billing experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively process error free payment posting and related duties.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and be able to organize duties.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions and carry out projects independently.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent attention to detail/data entry skills.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.