We provide post-sales support of Hitachi Vantara ("Hitachi") Storage solutions. Our team is the first line of on-site field system support for hardware, software, and SAN networking to customers and field personnel on-site at customers or remotely that includes installation, maintenance, upgrades and emergency systems support.
What you'll be doing
- Provide post-sales support of Hitachi Vantara ("Hitachi") Storage solutions. Perform installation, maintenance, upgrades and emergency systems support
- Provide pre-sales support to sales and marketing teams to architect workable and deliverable technical solutions that address customer needs
- Provide first level customer account management
- Being first point of call for emergency product and systems support both within standard hours and during nonstandard hours
- Provide timely and logical resolution to Hitachi related hardware, software and system problems
- Perform preventative maintenance according to standard requirements
- Provide assistance and guidance to pre-sales and sales team on any Hitachi related customer problems
- Coordinate all CS-S support activities at customer site
- Project Managed all agreed services such as installation, planning - design, implementation, assessment, contracted services etc.
- Actively sell value-add services such as Hitachi Select Care Services, Managed Storage services, Training and other contracted services
- Comply with all reporting procedures and documentation
- Develop, document and maintain up to date customer installation profiles
- Identify opportunities for improving customer service
- Identify and report to sales teams, opportunities for additional sales within customer accounts
- Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge and skills in line with identified business needs and directions
- Provides on-going product support to customers from initial usage to ongoing problem resolution
- Maintain all assigned spare parts, tools and test equipment. Ensure that all replaced spare parts are checked in to logistics
What you bring to the team
- 4+ years in a technical role with hands on experience installing and maintaining Hitachi or similar hardware and software storage solutions
- Customer service experience
- Fundamental understanding of the key IT industry operating system
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Understanding of commercial business fundamentals, industry knowledge, customer service support procedure knowledge
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge