- Work within modern software architectures and frameworks
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio
- Enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plan and manage execution of architecture migrations
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and technology
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks; contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness
- Deliver hands-on functional POC and/or foundational code to advocate ideas, design patterns and help accelerate engineering adoption
- Boost the culture of continuous learning and cross-team knowledge sharing
- Identify common problems, patterns and scenarios across teams and deliver homogenous solutions.
- Travel required up to 10%
- Telecommuting permitted up to 100%
The position requires a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Software Engineering, Software Systems or a related field plus five years (5) of experience in the job offered or a related field. Position also requires demonstrable experience with each of the following:
- Event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with APIs exposing microservices
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, and Business Analysts)
- Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- At least two of the following databases: Document, RDMS, KVP, and Graph
- Object storage, pub/sub mechanisms and serverless architectures
- Cloud application and services security involving identity, access control, authentication and authorization
- Developing on at least three of the following multiple platforms: .NET, J2EE, Node, AWS, GCS
- Diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts
- Business operations, strategies and objectives
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues
- Agile software development concepts and processes
- Backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Secured SDLC process
- Web engineering
- Database technologies, including Relational and No SQL solutions
- Node JS; Pub/Sub mechanism, including, at least two of the following, Kafka, MS MQ, RabitMQ, JMQ
- Cloud service.
- Travel required up to 10%. Telecommuting permitted up to 100%.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/, select “Search Jobs,” enter job requisition #2021-39355 in the “Job ID or Keywords” field, and submit resume. Alternatively, you may apply by submitting a resume via e-mail to [email protected] Reference requisition number in subject of e-mail.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.