Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
Leverage leading-edge sales and marketing tools to research and identify ideal personas to prospect
- Perform high volume outbound prospecting through emailing campaigns, calls and research tools such as LinkedIn or Salesforce
- Schedule and proactively set up meetings between qualified leads and Sales Executives
- Act as consultants - our clients appreciate the value of our data for their needs, so we take the time to understand those needs and address them head on
- Connect with prospects through written and verbal communication
- Work closely with account executives to understand prospect needs, and for continued knowledge development
- Prospect into accounts, searching for key points of contact
- Strive for daily, weekly, and monthly demo goals, while providing excellent experience for prospective customers
- Create outreach strategies for new lead generation methods
- Conduct market research to identify new leads
- Support senior Sales teams and Account Executives on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Naturally and highly curious - ask thorough and pointed questions, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities
- Stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works
- Possess strong negotiation skills and can effectively close leads
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed
- Love to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Team players with entrepreneurial spirits - come up with and are willing to try new ideas to achieve greater levels of success
- Interested in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital
- Generally, have internship experience or one (1) year of professional work experience, ideally in finance or sales (Not required)
- 401k with 100% company match up to 10% with a 6-month waiting period
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance- on an individual only basis, starting on the first day of the month with a $1 monthly contribution
- Sponsored study to undertake professional training or to gain qualification relevant to your career progression such as CAIA or CFA
- 19 days paid annual leave + 10 federal holidays (pro rata’d dependent on your start date) + 7 sick days
- Employee referral bonus program
- Commuter and Transit benefits
- Maternity (12 Paid weeks) Paternity (2 Paid Weeks)
- Free coffee and tea
- Quality Data and Solutions, Comprehensive Coverage: Preqin is the first port of call for alternatives data, research and tools.
- Customer Centricity: Our customers are the central focus of Preqin.
- Objectivity: Preqin is data led and impartial.
- Innovation: Preqin sits at the forefront of the dynamic alternatives industry.
- Collaboration: Effective communication is essential to our success.
- Personal Development: Our business is built as much on our people as it is on our data and solutions.
Preqin Inc is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other legally protected category, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.