Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our Global Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Team, where you will be the key technical resource for our relationship with GCP. You'll be working closely with our Global GCP business owners to identify and align Splunk’s capabilities to craft and drive valuable customer outcomes when GCP and Splunk products. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the performance, reliability and security needs of customers using GCP.
The responsibilities for this role include: voicing support for Splunk products, providing technical product expertise; supporting, staffing and speaking at partner events; providing presentations at the C-level; delivering ongoing communication of the latest Splunk capabilities and partner enablement; building groundbreaking prototypes to support our joint initiatives and build cloud-optimized architectures. You will need to be, or quickly become, a Splunk expert. Deep understanding of the GCP ecosystem is highly preferred. You should be comfortable white boarding software architectures with a room full of engineers, as briefing an executive audience. This is a top-level individual contributor role, with commensurate expectations of performance, professionalism, integrity and problem solving skills.
- Partner with GCP architects and solution providers to define and develop technical and business strategies
- Establish and maintain leverage-able relationships with key technical staff and leadership in GCP and key GCP ecosystem partners
- Assemble and share best-practice knowledge among the worldwide Splunk and GCP technical sales community
- Educate customers on the value proposition of Splunk + GCP and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are crafted for successful deployment in the cloud
- Work in close collaboration with the Global Cloud Service Provider sales execs to build and execute a technical business plan
- Design and launch differentiated solution offerings. Serve as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams and support
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services, including the intersections with GCP services and ecosystem vendors to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events
- Participate in and deliver Business Reviews and executive briefings
- Author or contribute to Splunk customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and technical guides
- 10+ years relevant Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience, delivering and selling cloud service products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Expertise or understanding of multiple technical domains: Cloud infrastructure and services, Security, DevOps, Analytics and Application Management
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation
- Product and/or Project Management experience is preferred
- Committed Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn and grow (on repeat)
- Forward-thinking learning - able to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Eye For Business - strong understanding of how IT service providers, business process outsourcers and managed service providers make money, as well as the industry pressures they face
- Don’t just talk, listen. Ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 30% of the time (including international travel, so must have a valid passport!)
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills, and educate you on processes. But you need to come with your own self-motivation, unflaggingcuriosity, and belief in “the art of possible” with technology, and a strong desire to work with an awesometeam with a positive mentality.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).