We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 50, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We've doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 5 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively help millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the Role
HealthSherpa is looking for a Manager for our Agent Support Team. You will manage our Sacramento-based Agent Support team to provide Outstanding service to our 47,000 agents. You will help agents and brokers navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry and grant their clients access to healthcare when they need it and on their terms.
You will oversee deployment of new service models to grow the operation and hit support goals for HealthSherpa. You will report to the Director of Support.
- Manage daily operations of a team of 20 agent support reps that scales up to 70+ during peak season (four months between September and December)
- Hire and train new team members when capacity needs arise, Coordinate and implement support schedules for maximum coverage in season and off season.
- Report customer service metrics, and create goals following our priorities
- Establish processes, procedures, and new service models to ensure quality service levels and scalability of the operation
- Align with Executive Team around essential agent experience metrics and goals
- Summarize agent feedback to inform product development and improvements .
- Maintain a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction
- Provide support when capacity is compromised
- Understand our product and talk fluently about our product to the people who use our products
- At least 5 years of experience in direct management roles. Preferably in a call center
- Operational experience in customer success, call center support, help desk or other support function
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who looks for data and wisdom to make the best decisions
- Ability to stay calm in high-volume situations
What we offer
- Health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- 401K after grace period
- PTO and holidays
- Catered or restaurant lunch, daily
- Free parking / Commuter benefit
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
We are currently remote due to COVID-19. If we return to our office we will follow all CDC guidelines as well as any local and state mandates for safety.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19