Commercial Product/Performance Trainer
GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
Under the direction (remotely) of the Operations Manager and with support of a Performance Coach and operations, this position works independently to contact a region of dealerships to facilitate training and improve commercial sales consultant performance and application of product information. The trainer works with a comprehensive knowledge of the assigned brands, including products, vision and training priorities to conduct in-dealership training and coaching.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate interactive training sessions in accordance with performance standards
- Responsible for performance improvement and product training within assigned dealerships
- Identify opportunities for coaching sales consultants to manage & overcome objections & put knowledge into practice
- Deliver extended learning with pre- & post- engagement activities & email communications
- Engage the Sales Manager with training debrief and promotion of new hire support
- Develop & manage schedule to support dealer needs while working with regional personnel on direction and priorities
- Conduct special training assignments & facilitate large group meetings as required
- Conduct launch training events as required
- Completes on-going brand study & competitive reviews
- Submit schedules, rosters, activity reports & complete other administrative duties according to performance standards
- Demonstrates an understanding of new technology and has the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of commercial business and knowledge of prospecting & selling to fleet customers
- Ability to learn foundational Instructional Design principals
- Ability to learn and understand the three pillars of Fleet & Commercial Operations as well as ongoing programs and incentives
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle technology, truck fundamentals, trailering & weight distribution, light and medium duty truck components
- Ability to communicate value statements applicable to the unique needs of commercial customers
- Knowledge of Specialty Vehicle Manufacturer up-fitters
- Travel 90% covering assigned commercial dealerships within Western Region as well as supporting special events
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Light work involves sitting most of the time.
- Physical activities include: Reaching, sitting, driving, standing, stooping, lifting, walking, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view computer monitor, and read. May need to view presentation screens and other visual aids in a classroom or other client setting.
- Visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle
- General Working Conditions: Both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
This Position Description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.