Sellry is a technically-oriented ecommerce development agency with a highly creative flair. We specialize in helping premium ecommerce clients maximize the potential of their brand and conversion rate simultaneously. Our clients range from pre-revenue startups with an awesome angle to global tech companies. We have a vast amount of experience in a diverse range of verticals, business models and aesthetic styles, allowing us to discern the deeper problem as well as the best way to solve it. Our clients can truly relax because we’ve got their backs.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and committed to high performance, elegant solutions. We value what is up and coming and prepare accordingly to offer the best services, products and support out there. When we can't find solutions that service our clients and the needs we identify, we create them.
As Ecommerce Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible to envision, validate, prototype and orchestrate the ultimate success of technical solutions we offer at Sellry. Your role requires a mixture of technical acumen with a huge dose of creativity. You are up on the latest ecommerce technology. You jump at the chance to dig into problems, come up with solutions and offer sound advice that clients can rely on.
You help lead our tech team. You can teach and bring people to clarity easily. You have the ability to communicate needs and opportunities to non-technical team members and clients. You are brilliant with code and have full stack engineering experience. You work well with people. Most importantly, you provide expertise, creative solutions and problem solving for clients.
As a fully distributed team, we value talent regardless of location. US hours, fluency in English and cultural familiarity are must-haves as you will be communicating directly with clients and this will aid in customer trust and relaxation.
- Participate in and lead project estimation, scoping, requirements gathering and documentation exercises.
- Interface closely with leadership, sales, strategy, tech, creative, and client teams.
- Initiate and lead (primarily via delegation) team activities on a variety of technical projects, including validation/prototyping, stabilization/optimization/problem-solving/unblocking existing projects, platform/framework implementation/configuration/theming, and custom development of apps/integrations/scripts/sites.
- Triage problems according to direction from senior technical leadership, including diagnosis, workaround implementation, root cause analysis, post mortem and other processes. Help manage the internal team in rectifying problem situations promptly and as smoothly as possible.
- Lead requirements gathering and solution architecture for the majority of our projects, including with technologies unfamiliar to you.
- Attend meetings with clients and team members to offer real-time advisory/ideation for technical aspects of projects.
- Approve technical aspects of project plans and proposals, including key dates.
- Help monitor the output of technical deliverables to ensure quality (code, systems, documentation, etc).
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in ecommerce tech. Recommend emerging technologies, partners, patterns, methodologies, conventions, standards to company leadership for exploration. Help our teams adopt those selected by leadership.
- Help promote a strong engineering culture down to the details of code quality, definitions, methodologies etc.
- Participate in the creation of thought leadership and marketing materials.
- Ensure Sellry's own website models up-to-date technology and best practices.
- Participate in regular team and leadership meetings.
What we’d like to see
- You have experience building and managing high-performance ecommerce sites/apps using platforms like Shopify and building custom apps/integrations with third-party APIs and services.
- You demonstrate the ability to code frontend interfaces which are highly performant and adhere to modern best practices.
- You have a deep knowledge of the modern web stack.
- You’re biased toward action, and have an upbeat, proactive attitude, without being unrealistic or overpromising.
- You have the ability to drop into an unfamiliar situation, quickly get your bearings and recommend a workable plan of action which you then implement directly and/or delegate in the best way given the resources available.
- You enjoy solving problems on the fly. You don’t need all the details in order to begin diagnosing an issue.
- You’re adept at breaking down and bringing clarity to complex and ill-defined problems. You readily spot and draw attention to deeper issues below the surface.
- You’re great at taking initiative, ownership and responsibility, but you’re also willing to follow directions.
- You have experience interacting with and creating solutions for clients and end users that meet their needs.
- You can code with the best of them, but deeply enjoy leading and developing human beings as well.
- You take pains to communicate accurately and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- You adhere to best practices for source control, code quality and documentation.
- Familiar with modern Ux best practices
- Bonus: You have used cutting-edge technologies (please list)
- Bonus: You are familiar with modern infrastructure and devops approaches
Attach a cover letter with samples of projects you’ve worked on. Outline why you are interested in the position and what draws you the most. List your relevant experience and include a brief paragraph about yourself.
Looking forward to working with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- What is your expected salary range?
- working with React, Node or similar frameworks: 3 years (Required)