Come join our GROWING team!! Velvet Ice Cream is now hiring for a Delivery Driver to work within our Distribution Department. As a full-time Velvet Ice Cream Company delivery driver, you will work independently as part of a great team of motivated individuals who share similar core values. After our hands-on, in-truck training, you will receive your very own delivery route, where you will safely deliver and sell our delicious ice cream to an excited group of reliable customers, while promoting our company and building relationships within your local community. We treat our customers like family and in return they welcome us into their stores and lives. You will earn a guaranteed daily-based pay with the bonus of commission!?
Why work for Velvet Ice Cream? Here are some great reasons!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Strong Stable Industry
- 107 year old, 4th generation, family ran company
- Develops orders for existing customers based on knowledge of the customer, preferences and style.
- Markets new products and services at the time of established product delivery to result in further dissemination of the account with additional product lines.
- Maintain positive, customer-friendly relationships with store personnel and resolve minor concerns. Report significant concerns promptly to the Route Supervisor or Regional Sales Manager. Assist with the resolution of complaints.
- Routinely resolves customer issues within established guidelines and partners with customers in identifying satisfactory solutions.
- Accurately complete all records and required paper work on a daily basis.
- Display Velvet’s products in stores according to Company standards. This includes:
- Rotating stock to minimize the expiration of products; Removing damaged products; Taking steps to minimize damage to products; Displaying products consistent with the latest Company’s standards; Attempting to get additional freezer space or end-caps; and Cleaning the assigned freezer walls, doors and exterior surfaces.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- 21 years of age or older to meet DOT requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Be a safe and patient driver.
- Climb up and down from the cab and rear of a truck safely throughout the work day.
- Be able to start the work day very early in the morning.
- Work at least 5 days every week and adjust schedules as needed.
- Be able to tolerate sub-zero temperatures for extended time periods.
- Lift/carry up to 50 lb. loads regularly without difficulty or discomfort.
- Be able to drive both automatic and manual transmission equipped vehicles.
- Check truck fluids, fill as needed, and perform other required maintenance checks.
Velvet Ice Cream Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.