Join Our Community of Food People!BASIC PURPOSE
Owns assigned customer relationships and drives sales growth, item and category penetration and profitability of those relationships. Coordinates and leads efforts of the Customer Service Representative and Account Coordinator as a unified sales team to ensure optimal account service and alignment with the customer's contract. This position is characterized by a sustained record of sales achievement and complete knowledge of the organization's policies, products and services.
- Responsible for all non-Education Government bid business including:
- DoD (Appropriated Funds) or Military
Develop and maintain existing accounts through personal visits and follow-up on a systematic basis. Travel required; anticipated field time at least four days per week.
Responsible for achieving annual sales plan through growth and penetration of existing accounts.
Present new ideas and products from primary vendors and exclusive brand products to secure account penetration and loyalty. Manage product mix to maximize profit goals and contract compliance.
Communicate with customers to apprise them of mutual performance, new products, programs and market trends both informally as needed and through periodic, formal Business Reviews.
Ultimately responsible for results of sales team (Account Coordinator and Customer Service Representatives) actions relative to assigned accounts. Lead sales team accordingly to:
- Ensure optimum service to accounts including coordination with operational and purchasing functions, as needed.
- Maximize AE time spent with customers.
- Meet or exceed accounts receivable currency targets including coordinating with central AR as needed.
- Review all accounts to ensure program compliance, develop unique sales approach, identify needs, and expand sales.
- Maintain a profile on all accounts to include order guides, statements periodicals and overall reporting. Verify pricing information to ensure correctness.
Attend Sales Meetings, Training Sessions, Food Shows, and Conferences as deemed necessary by Management and Customer requirements.
Set-up and support rollout of new accounts as assigned.
Internal: Customer Service Representatives, Account Coordinator, VP of National Sales and National Sales management, Accounting, Purchasing, Operations
External: Customers, Vendors
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing preferred.
Related Experience: A minimum of three years of sales and distribution experience required (foodservice industry or related preferred). Experience in restaurant operations desirable. Experience using quantitative & qualitative research data will be helpful.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities. Should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***