On behalf of our valued client, we’re looking for an experienced, energetic, and driven individual to explore untapped business opportunities. As the Global Business Development Manager, you’ll be given the autonomy to take initiative, dive right in, build relationships, and grow inorganic sales. Supported by the organizations talented team, you will be an integral part of our continued growth strategy and future success.
Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Global Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing sales revenue and gross profit at our Client primarily in non-organic sales, with support to organic sales, by leading appropriate strategies to identify and capture new business with major industrial and commercial clients. An active participant in in the Leadership Team, contributing to achieving company objectives, and strategic short- and long-term goals.
Strategy and Planning:
- Work with the VP – Sales & Marketing to develop and document the Global BD Strategic plan, which is aligned to Corporate goals and supports the Corporate vision and strategy, with inputs from Sales.
- Gain approval for and deliver the Global BD Strategic plan.
- Define parameters for success within years 1, 3 and 5; reviewing and updating on an annual basis.
- Deliver the strategic Business Development plan through identifying new markets and customers, driving prospects through to sales, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, and proposal preparation.
- Communicate the BD strategy ensuring it is understood and implemented effectively.
- Detail the resource requirements, budget and forecast required for the successful delivery of the BD plan.
- Identify key growth opportunities, through networking, building relationships and market knowledge/research.
- Deliver on opportunities, resulting in sources of new revenue, new markets, and new capabilities.
- Define KPIs for the BD with the VP – Sales & Marketing.
Business Development & Account Management:
- Nurture relationships that are productive and show promise for their growth.
- Implement business development action plans for targeted markets and customers. Communicate actions and updates to the VP – Sales & Marketing and Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop/leverage successful long-term client relationships to sell additional products and services.
- Provide insight, information or conceptual product proposals to Engineering for new product lines to be considered.
- In conjunction with the VP – Sales & Marketing, monitor performance of customer relations, ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Meet regularly with Leadership to analyze, discuss, and provide constructive feedback on sales performance.
- Provide input on market opportunities, and future market development goals.
- Define reporting requirements for BD, from a data and personnel perspective. Utilize Power BI and other available reporting tools to track performance.
- Monitor progress against targets, ensuring the plan is being appropriately executed and delivered on. Provide support and direction as needed.
- Report weekly on BD activities to the VP – Sales & Marketing, providing additional updates to Leadership as requested.
- Deliver agreed Business Development sales targets. Report weekly on progress against KPIs and sales targets, identifying gaps and proactively identifying solutions to address them.
Tools and processes:
- Develop the BD playbook with relevant stakeholders, ensuring appropriate team members participate and are trained in its contents:
- Consistent communication of the Value Proposition.
- Up to date technical data and information.
- Defined roles and responsibilities.
- Standardized presentation templates.
- Assist in the development of all BD tools and ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Follow the Quotation Development and follow up process, ensuring that parameters are identified, users are trained in the process and the effectiveness of the process is evaluated.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and processes for the department. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work in coordination with Sales and internal teams to prepare customer bid strategies, ensuring the right team and solutions are presented to the clients. Play key role in bid presentations and contract negotiations.
- Accurately maintain prospective/ current customer information. Manage sales and marketing activity, leads, tracking through CRM.
- Establish parameters for market research.
- Conduct market research to identify and validate opportunities. Explore and analyze new global markets while effectively managing risk.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing team to conduct and analyze market and customer data to identify new markets, products and customers for the business.
- Compile and analyze findings and present to relevant stakeholders. Provide guidance and recommendations for effective and expeditious entry.
- Present findings and conclusions to the VP – Sales & Marketing and Senior Leadership Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree, preferably in Business Management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Business Development with proven results; diversity in industry an asset
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication organizational and project management skills.
- Strong leadership and training skills are required to articulate vision, goals and corporate objectives to potential customers.
- Able to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Microsoft AX, Power BI, ERP and CRM systems.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices, Quality Assurance requirements, and Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing) principles and the ability to impart that knowledge to others.
Candidate must be located/willing to relocate to Edmonton, AB.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care