At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide overall IBM Software account sales leadership with respect to AI Offerings.
- Drive the strategy, sale, and closure of deals for AI offerings and use cases. Partner with IBM Technology Sales Executives to achieve account strategy objectives.
- Proactively identify and pursue new opportunities to sell and/or deploy within AI offering portfolio.
- Maintaining contemporary technical skills and offering knowledge. Leveraging marketing, Offering Management, and above market Brand teams to drive customer lifetime value.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the highest levels of customer management across executive, line of business, IT, and procurement
- Articulate IBM Data & AI strategy and solutions as a means to deliver business value in support of the client’s strategy and direction
- Develop and close the complex opportunities including planning and leading negotiations with customer management and procurement
- Maintain and orchestrate detailed account-specific plans and strategies, and ensure accuracy in forecasting and opportunity management
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of the enterprise industry, and a proven track record of successful software sales experience with major clients
- Credible presence in front of senior executives, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of relevant IT sales and / or consulting experience with proven demonstrated skill and experience with a breadth of Data & AI technologies including two or more of the following: BI/Analytics tools, Data Visualization, Conversational AI, Watson, Performance Management, Business Analytics, Governance Risk and Compliance.
- Must have proven track record of success in achieving quota as a seller
- Experience selling and the ability to hold business conversations with clients around Solution selling
- Experience managing and closing sales cycles with proficiency in account planning, deal strategy, relationship management, negotiation and personal time management
- Experience selling at the CIO/CXO level
- Good selling business acumen, business technologies experience
- Solutions oriented mindset and skilled in prospecting into new clients and new buyers
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and/or selling of cloud platforms
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach individuals at various stages of development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organizational, presentation and time management skills
- Ability to learn and apply product knowledge in a timely fashion
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience in the selling of Data or AI products
- Experience selling cloud solutions
- 3+ in a sales organization, business processes and supporting technology is highly desired
- 3+ years Client relationship sales experience
- 3+ years of knowledge around IBM strategic solutions and related processes
- Experience selling to C-Suite
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.