Key Attributes of the Position
- Manage Gardner Denver’s Texas compressor distribution network and ensure sales growth. Product focus on air compressors and system components (Oil Free, Oil Lubricated, Air Treatment and Parts/Service).
- Cultivation of product sales at end-users through distributors.
- Analyze Target Account (TA’s) requirements and develop penetration plans to increase Gardner Denver acceptance resulting in market share improvement.
- Develop meaningful distributor relationships at all levels of their organization(s) allowing for constructive feedback.
- Conflict resolution within the channel recognizing internal and external influences and Gardner Denver goals.
- Utilize distribution and Gardner Denver resources to provide the necessary level of technical expertise to the end user to achieve their goals and improve overall efficiencies using Gardner Denver as the resource.
- Coordinate Product Management and other Gardner Denver business unit’s resources to develop a logical sales strategy and develop opportunities involving pricing, product specifications, warranties, and other unique situations as required.
- Responsible for the measurement and documentation of distributor performance via the Territory Development Planning (TDP) process.
- Management of all commercially provided programs through to the channel.
- Collect and report market trends and competitors tactics then provide analysis of market dynamics in the Monthly Business Review (MBR).
- Update and utilization of company sales CRM/CC360/Sales Force reporting with required information.
- Actively conduct, seek out, and participate in formal and informal training opportunities.
- Take a proactive role in coaching distribution personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of Gardner Denver products and services.
- Ensure consistent, high level, distributor capabilities to serve and develop new customers in the assigned territory.
- Strategic analysis of data, sales reports, and market dynamics to then develop and recommend short and long term distributor improvements. A longer term strategic view is necessary in parallel with day to day requirements of this position.
- Demonstrate an understanding of distributor’s key business drivers regarding sales & service and financials.
- Differentiate Gardner Denver’s advantages from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
- Support cooperative sales and proactively coordinate with peers across North America with early and frequent communication ensuring a positive outcome for Gardner Denver.
- Ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to achieve financial goals.
- Knowledge of air compressor design and compressed air systems and how products are used in end customer applications.
- Self-starter, ability to function independently without daily close management.
- Required reports on time with relevant content.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong, in front presentation skills.
- Well organized relative to time and territory management meeting required deadlines and associated administrative functions.
- Strong interpersonal relationships based on fundamental business skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities.
- Responsible handling of expenses, equipment, tools, and other company assets.
- Proficient in computer related skills; Microsoft Office, MSTeams, SalesForce, CC360 and other related applications.
- Responsible to Gardner Denver’s code of conduct and high ethical standards as published in the Employee Handbook.
- 7+ or more years relevant Sales and/or Sales Management experience.
- Knowledge of technical products and industrial settings.
- Knowledge of multi-channel distribution functions.
- Exposure to engineering firms.
- Industry experience is desired.
- BS degree; technical or business.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request and a member of our team will contact you.