Reporting to the Sales or General Manager the Account Executive will be assigned a basin/region for primary focus and will be responsible for market-based sales of the company’s services. The ideal candidate will have worked in the industry and already have customer connections related to mid-stream and/or up-stream (facility, flowline, pipeline). Additional downstream experience (such as wellbore knowledge, hydraulic fracturing, production, reservoir) would be a bonus.
This position will proactively and strategically attract new clients as well as source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve financial objectives. The Account Executive will play a key role in generating revenue by providing trusted advice on proper application, product knowledge and recommendations, managing and negotiating pricing with clients, following leads, managing day sales outstanding (DSO). This position requires a self-starter who can create significant new business opportunities within a short period of time and who can effectively manage deals through the entire sales process. Position may be home based depending on candidate location.
***NOTE: This is a commission based position. Base salary will be drawn against commissions earned. There is NOcommission cap.
- Drive sales within the area through aggressive prospecting, generating, qualifying, and closing of profitable sales leads to meet and exceed budgeted area sales goals and objectives.
- Design and execute action plans to grow the customer base in general, and targeted or key accounts specifically, and to retain existing customers and increase the company’s share of our customers’ business.
- Use a broad and effective blend of selling activities, including prospecting, cold-calling, account plans and sales calls plans; value-selling, up-selling, and cross-selling; pricing, special incentives, and performance packages; and effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Be computer savvy and able to communicate both verbally and via Zoom type meetings/webinars.
- Confidently articulate and promote the Abra Controls brand, and effectively shift the conversation from price to value by demonstrating our impact on our customer’s performance.
- Understand and leverage the selling process and supports the sales process with planning, measuring, monitoring, and making course corrections to meet quarterly and annual financial goals.
- Follow pricing policies and programs, and provides timely, accurate, and profitable pricing in accordance with the pricing structure.
- Work closely with customer contacts to manage and grow the customer relationship, identify new opportunities, sell products, and ensure high customer satisfaction and retention with strategic accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of prospects, including equipment needs, budgeting, decision-making, products, competition, and market characteristics.
- Continuously monitor technical advances and competitive activity, and communicate new technical, sales and product development opportunities, and other relevant information to appropriate personnel as applicable.
- Perform technical/educational presentations to customers’ engineers and representatives.
- Participate in trade, networking, technical events, and implement company marketing plans as needed.
- Manage expenses to meet budget guidelines, maintain sales budget, account, forecasting and reporting, as required.
- Continuously improve technical product knowledge and sales skills.
- Act in the best interest of Abra Controls and ensure adherence to all ethics and compliance regulations.
- Conduct field visits on occasion or as needed to make certain the products are meeting customer expectations.
- Perform other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three plus years as an outside sales professional. Experience in the oilfield services industry is required.
- Track record of over-achieving quota, and a proven sales hunter and closer.
- Advanced level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and Google Suite is required.
- Basic understanding of project management skills.
- Advanced English communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain and promote confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to approach problems/customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and to follow up to ensure resolution.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Cognitive skills to include the ability to learn, to process thoughts and apply knowledge, to analyze and reason, evaluate and make appropriate decisions to solve problems and achieve business goals.
- Flexibility to work evenings and on weekends as needed, ensuring customer requirements/expectations are met on time, every time.
- Ability to travel within North America.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commission pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19