Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 35,000 direct and indirect employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
CSBO Portfolio Leader
The Customer Success Business Operations team for Customer Success and Experience (CEnS) enables Customers and the Field by delivering seamless connected experiences and efficient operations to improve and accelerate the customer journey. The team drives alignment with our internal partners and delivers new capabilities while providing an environment that empowers our people to do their best work every day.
A key element of delivering these new capabilities is clear visibility to the business strategy and aligning our priorities against it. The Portfolio Leader will be accountable for driving the end to end (E2E) operations portfolio of strategic initiatives that is based on informed decision making that delivers business impact for the CEnS business. This includes providing insights on business impact and driving processes from intake through prioritization and decisions on investments and tradeoffs.
- Own, Plan and Lead Portfolio Management for Customer Success Business Operations org
- Lead a small team to deliver the (E2E) operations portfolio that drives impact for the CEnS business.
- Ensure we have the right processes in place from disposition of demand, through prioritization, to tracking project status to support decision making.
- Managing ROB and communications across stakeholders and partners to enable portfolio awareness and tradeoff conversations
- Financial and Capacity Management to enable strategic investments to support business priorities
- Manage engagement with key Partners and Stakeholders to deliver a streamlined operating model
- Business Management activities including People, ROB, Financials, and Executive presentations
- Embodies the Model, Coach and Care management principles
- Drives a positive and cohesive team culture
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Engineering, Operations, or Finance
- 5 years of experience with all phases of project or program management, including gathering requirements, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status; able to keep multiple projects going across a variety of phases
- 2 years of people management, hiring, developing, and retaining great talent
- Experience running a PMO in an enterprise environment, with direct business and customer experience impact
- Ability to create alignment across multiple organizations by collaborating with finance, operations, compliance, and engineering teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about achieving results through influencing others, making timely decisions while considering needed trade-offs, negotiating conflicts, as needed
- Customer Experience / Sales / Support will be a plus
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.