At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Corbion is searching for a Senior Director, Preservation reporting to the Vice President, Sustainable Food Solutions (SFS). In this role, you will establish and implement the business strategy for the assigned product portfolio and support the company's overall and SFS strategies. This role is responsible for the P&L and product management (product planning/execution throughout product lifecycle) including: applying competitive intel, prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining individual product vision, and working closely with internal partners to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. KPI’s will be based on annual revenue, margin, and pipeline development.
An ideal Senior Director, Preservation will combine experience from multiple disciplines including, sal’es, marketing, and technical & business aspects of products to discover and win opportunities, enabling growth in key markets. This role is a link between Global Technology (Product Management/R&D) and Regional Commercial Teams (Sales/Tech Service/Applications). While many customer interactions will be in conjunction with Marketing, Sales or Technical Personnel, this role will also travel and present solo to current and potential customers.
- Establish and implement business plan (1-3 years) and strategy (5-10 years) to ensure annual sales budget is exceeded.
- Ensure portfolio profitability through pricing strategy per product group/customer segment, and working capital guidelines consistent with profit and market share goals.
- Determine sales priorities and strategies with the marketing and sales leadership. Generate sales success through product and application literature, sales recommendations, tips and techniques.
- Develop raw material strategy, supplies and determine weaknesses and opportunities to optimize planning and profitability.
- Identify and direct new sales opportunities.
- Create and oversee KPI framework and reporting to align with Strategic Intelligence, Operations, Business Developers, Sales, Marketing, and R&D.
- Oversee product specifications, based on industry, technology, and regulatory trends and requirements.
- Manage market share position and profitability: short term, long term, globally and regionally. Determine and communicate the Addressable vs Reference vs Attainable Market for product lines/categories.
- Develop product portfolio analysis framework for revenue, margin, mix, complaints, growth, hold, divest (BCG matrix analysis) as well as analyze product line life cycle.
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs to ensure global compliance.
- Manage 2-3 Product or Pricing Managers.
Bachelor of Science in Food, Biology, Chemistry, Biotech or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in food preservation in multiple roles with at least 4 years in customer facing roles of regional or international scope.
- Proven success analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to develop strategy.
- Dynamic communication skills with experience leading cross functional teams, collaborating with internal partners, and guiding customers and key stake holders.
- Proven success managing complexity of a matrix organization.
- Hands-on self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and team approach to problem resolution.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2020, Corbion generated annual sales of € 986.5 million and has a workforce of over 2250 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.