Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a key member of the Accounting organization, the Accounting Services Senior Manager is accountable for managing the teams responsible for transactional processing. Transactional processing includes the disbursement of funds, reconciliation of inbound cash as well as various other revenue integrity initiatives. The Senior Manager plays a key role in managing relationships with all internal departments within Frontier as well as outside partners. The Senior Manager is responsible for providing value added direction and establishing Accounts Payable, Account Receivable and Revenue Operations as a strategic function while ensuring adherence to financial controls and procedures within the various accounting services.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies/procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place related to the activities of invoice processing to ensure data and distribution errors and duplicate payments are prevented.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place related to the activities of general receivables to ensure items are appropriately recorded and reviewed in accordance with internal policies.
- Daily supervision of in-house accounts payable and revenue operations staff to provide direction, guidance and feedback.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, ensuring invoices are paid within appropriate payment terms.
- Maintain positive relationships with third party providers, ensuring timely delivery of data by both Frontier and the provider relative to chargebacks, fraud and other external reporting.
- Identify and take advantage of discount terms when advantageous to the company.
- Establish positive relationships with Supply Chain/Purchasing and other related departments to improve financial intelligence and overall business operations.
- Act as a lead while evaluating various revenue integrity initiates including but not limited to agent audits, business initiatives and, business policy and their financial impact.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures documentation.
- Develop and maintain cash flow forecasting process and provide weekly to Treasury.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of legislative changes and corresponding product and process enhancements. Research industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain T&E policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Identify and recommend system enhancements resulting in improved efficiencies and cost savings.
- Compile department metrics each month and provide monthly dashboard reporting to executives.
- Establish goals for the Accounts Payable and Revenue operations department.
- Recommend policy changes, continuously streamline workflow and address complaints and resolve issues.
- Assist in interim, year-end audits and SOX walkthroughs/compliance.
- Process year end 1099’s in a timely manner and in accordance with IRS rules.
- Resolve/respond to all IRS notices related to 1099 reporting or filing discrepancies.
- Work with the tax department to develop and maintain appropriate sales and use tax payments and reporting
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of previous shared service or accounting experience in a mid- to large-size organization
- 5-7 years of progressively increased managerial responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline required
- MBA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead, and motivate staff
- Self-starter and goal oriented
- Possess good mathematical aptitude
- Intermediate to advanced computer spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal relationship skills necessary to interact both within the company and with vendors
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and priorities
Able to work with strict confidentiality
- Must have an understanding of sales and use tax
- Knowledge of W-9, W-8 and 1099 requirements
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Accounts Payable Manager
Contract Resource – Accounts Payable (Fuel)
Range is $103,200 - $129,000
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.