Job Type: Full-time
Location: Irvine, CA
JD.com is a one-stop e-commerce platform, providing millions of active customers with direct access to an unrivalled range of authentic, high-quality products. We are the local team that focuses on the U.S. business development aspects of JD.com.
At JD.com, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing client relationships and identifying client contacts and partnerships that generate sales while focusing on fashion and apparel industry
- Responsible for researching pull through and/or brand specification sales opportunities for assigned sector. This includes determining product needs and sales channel and working with sales force to maximize opportunities.
- Identify and establish client relationships that create pull through sales opportunities through increased brand awareness and specification of products.
- Partner and coordinate with internal functions such as marketing operation, customer service, quality control etc. to facilitate execution of new sales.
- Attends events, trade shows, and gathers information to determine market trends and present opportunities to marketing & merchandising for further research and analysis. Also, ensures internal groups understand market needs to ensure long-term strategies meet future needs.
- Establish detailed KPIs and metrics to track and report on the performance of strategic goals, processes and programs and transform data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- 5+ years of related experience in PPE industry, experience in an eCommerce company and B2B environment is preferred, experience with a distributor/trading company/OEM is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, marketing, or business administration
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships with client
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting product data
- Written and oral Chinese language are desirable
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in our employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.