ERPi is proud to support the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC) Joint Logistics (JL) team – sharing knowledge on Artificial Intelligence (AI) benefits, support data consolidation and cleansing for AI use, and provide expertise on AI model development. ERPi is seeking a Joint Logistics Solutions Engineer to provide programs with the tools, data, and architecture to develop, train, integrate, and adopt AI models that reduce Not Mission Capable (NMC) rates.
The Joint Logistics Solutions Engineer will:
- Leverage their understanding of logistics domain expertise: This includes in-depth understanding of logistics data, how it is used, DoD data standards and policy, and database management
- Lead business analysis and stakeholder engagement: This includes completing surveys of the Services and logistics Agencies to discern their data strategy and data architecture; schedule and lead interviews with identified Joint Logistics stakeholders, capture information gleaned, and organize into a database; engage stakeholders spanning government agencies (Logistic Enterprise Support Agency (LESA), Logistics Data Analytics Center (LDAC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Program Management Air (PMA) 299, Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), Army Research Lab (ARL), Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), etc.)
- Lead data architecture and mapping: Build a comprehensive data map based on stakeholder interview findings (e.g., diagram of data required for AI modeling and the authoritative sources); review the database and data map to provide recommendations to Joint Logistics; document defining data ownership issues, security concerns, missing MOUs for access, processes, policies (or policy barriers), access points, APIs, etc.
- Support data evaluation and integration: Review the current state of logistics data, comparing the current state, and future data plan, to the state of data needed by AI, we can determine data gaps and issues
Qualifications: Required & Desired Skills and Clearance. (Please list in bullet format):
Required Skills and Experience:
- DoD Secret Clearance Required (Interim ok)
- Level 1 Solutions Engineer requires an Associates Degree in computer engineering or related field and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Level 2 Solutions Engineer requires a Bachelors Degree in computer engineering or related field and 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Data architecture experience to include expertise with SQL, database structure, data mapping, cloud infrastructure
- Logistics experience spanning Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and/or other logistics Agencies (e.g. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and Transportation Command (TRANSCOM))
- Ability to be an innovative, resourceful, and collaborative problem solver
- Strong organization, prioritization, team-work and communication skills
- Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, and solutions logically in written and oral situations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of ERPi not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.