We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Primary Care Specialist will build and execute business plans to meet sales goals for territory, and to drive territory sales performance, market share and optimal resource utilization. The Primary Care Specialist will develop effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results across a range of therapeutic areas and differentiate Novartis as a leader in therapeutic areas.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers, or therapeutic area.
- Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships).
- Executes call plans for customers, including medical specialists from customer or academic communities and ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are understood and available to more patients and customers.
- Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls.
- Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are understood and available to more patients and customers.
- Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
- Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans and communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
- Understands fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or business-related field).
- Minimum two years of successful sales experience (preferably business to business sales experience).
- Demonstrated outstanding discernment and business planning skills.
- Proven track-record to collaborate and work cross functionally with internal and external partners.
- Possess high achievement drive, self-motivation, and willingness to mentor others.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional ability to develop and sustain customer relationships.
- This is a remote position that will cover Key Accounts in the assigned region. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
- Experience across therapeutic groups, disease states and new product launches.
- Understanding of managed care environments and account management strategy.
Why Consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.