Travel Guardian Insurance/AwayCare is one of Canada’s largest travel insurance brokerage companies specializing in Canadian Snowbird out-of-country medical insurance. For over 25 years, our clients have trusted in our experienced team of advisors to provide insurance products that enable them to travel with ease and confidence. Our extensively diverse portfolio of travel insurance plans allows us to seek out not only the best value but best protection possible for our individual client’s needs.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer insurance to virtually anyone, never compromising on quality of care. Our knowledgeable and dedicated staff will work diligently with our clients to strive for the best coverage plan, cost and overall experience – each and every time.
Travel Guardian/AwayCare is a growing company, always exploring expansion opportunities and maintaining our strong presence in the insurance market. As a result of our growing business in Canada, we are currently seeking an experienced Intermediate Web Developer/Business Analyst to work in our Amherstburg, Ontario office.
The candidate will be offered a permanent position upon successful completion of the probationary period. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, organized and passionate about adding value to the clients, team and company as a whole.
- Design, build and/or modify software and implement databases to serve the needs of the business, as they arise
- Able to liaise between the business and both inside and outside technical staff communicating:
- Systems requirements
- Bug reporting and incident resolution
- Maintain and communicate project schedules between the business and technical staff, reporting on progress including the various stages of project/project task completion:
- On time delivery
- Delivery delay
- Early delivery
- The ability to effectively create a testing plan for software they develop, providing results to stakeholders for verification and signoff before moving code into production.
· Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively
· Strong individual and team player with a positive attitude and ability to adapt to change as well as willing to assist in other areas of IT including companywide infrastructure projects, and seek/accept assistance within your area of assignment
· Strong skills in communication (verbal, written and listening), time-management, multi-tasking, organization/prioritization, attention to detail, problem analysis/solving and overall work ethic
· Self-motivated and able to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Technical Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Information Science, or Computer field
- 5 plus years of recent professional work experience is a requirement
- Proficiency in developing SQL views including joined tables for performance reasons is required and optimizing SQL’s is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle database access methods is an asset
· Knowledge of Laravel Framework would be an asset
- Experience with Git and MVC (Model, View, Controller) frameworks are an asset
- Experience with software development, project management, project status reporting
- Experience coding to third party API’s is an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Travel Guardian Insurance/AwayCare offers a total compensation package including: competitive base pay, incentive programs, group benefits and the opportunity for future advancement based on experience and qualifications.
Hours are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) by email (Attn: Brian Bowen, Information Systems Manager)
For additional information about our company please visit: www.travelguardian.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Amherstburg, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- How many years of Web development/ Programming experience do you have?