The Industrial Pro division of Forney Industries is currently hiring for the position of Territory Sales Representative to develop and service its welding, gases and industrial distribution channels. Industrial Pro delivers superior welding equipment, tools, and services, enabling our customers to deliver their promise to the welding fabricators market.
- Plan, organize and execute the assigned territory sales activities to achieve or exceed both sales goals and specific sales initiatives in accordance with the Industrial Pro (IP) sales budget/quota.
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with welding/gas and industrial distribution customers at all levels.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Industrial Pro sales management to achieve IP’s point of difference with our customers.
- Grow the territory sales by establishing sales opportunities with existing and new distributors.
- Communicate and coordinate customer-related activities with sales & product management, leadership team, executive team and other cross-functional team members as necessary and appropriate.
- Provide product training and demonstrations (welding, cutting and grinding applications) to distributors and end user customers as required. Includes making joint sales calls on end-users with distributor salesmen, as required.
- Record, track and follow-up on all business deals (single selling objectives, SSO), leads and opportunities using CRM keeping information up-to-date and accurate.
- Complete required reporting functions including expense reports, CRM updates, annual sales budgets, etc, in a thorough and timely manner.
- Participate in national and regional tradeshows, industry meetings and sales meetings, as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales growth within the geographic territory according to budget quota expectations.
- Increase market share of the Industrial Pro and other Forney Industries products within territory using tactical initiatives to increase existing account penetration and to attain potential/target accounts.
- Maintain and develop long term customer relationships with entire customer base and detailed understanding of key customer strategies, objectives and business methodology.
- Complete understanding of Industrial Pro strategies, objectives and capabilities.
- Develop account plans and relationships too drive identification and closure of target accounts through effective sales strategies.
- Present and demonstrate Industrial Pro products to distribution channels and end users.
- Specific understanding of territory competitive strategies, tactics and focus.
- Comprehensive understanding of Channel norms, trends, requirements and business philosophies.
- Ability to analyze data reports to manage business.
- Ability to work cross functionally and remotely.
- 50-70% Overnight travel as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing, Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years of industrial product knowledge; industrial sales experience, with welding or related sales experience preferred.
- Strong commercial process and competency in value selling.
- Proven experience in exceeding sales quotas and expectations.
- Ability to effectively identify, develop and execute account strategies.
- Excellent Communication written and verbal / presentation skills / follow up - Ability to build strong relationships and manage account relationships
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite – Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and deal tracking (CRM).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Solid working knowledge of the welding, cutting and grinding processes/products supported by Industrial Pro, including but not limited to GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, PAC, Oxy/Fuel and grinding applications.
- Has strong relationships with Welding/Gas and Industrial distributor personnel including decision-makers, influencers & key management
- Maintains a physical presence in the market with Welding/Gas and Industrial distributors plus industry trade functions.
- Manages the Industrial Pro Sales Process with attention to fact-based detail, accountability for results and taking initiative towards action
Key Performance Indicators:
- Performance to territory sales quota and objectives
- KPI’s – Orders, Revenue, Account Attainment (new accounts), Account Penetration, and Expense Management
Language & Mathematical Skills:
o to speak technically with industry personnel and end users about the welding, cutting and grinding processes supported by Industrial Pro.
o to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
o to write routine reports and correspondence
o to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
o to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or virtual on-line classroom. Must be a self-starter and able to perform tasks without direct supervision. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Maintains strict confidentiality always.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, stand for long periods, climb stairs and walk
- the employee is frequently required to drive long distances
- the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds
- specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Able to work independently, operating an assigned territory, traveling 50-70% within territory or USA and operating out of a “home office”.