Altamira delivers a variety of analytic and engineering capabilities to the US National Security community, but the tech culture and the caliber of the individuals that bring these capabilities to fruition are what really set us apart. We’re a curious, responsive, dedicated bunch spread across many corporate cultures. Dayton, OH is highly focused on the Space-based mission set with a heavy emphasis on sensor exploitation and analysis; Tampa, FL focuses on ‘art-of-the-possible’ analytics of all kinds with an emphasis on graph technologies, NLP, and wrangling complex data sets; and all forces converge at our headquarters in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area where we host our tech events and support engineering and analytic missions across several IC and DOD agencies.
While our work occurs in different states and different mission domains, we’ve got analytics at the heart of every operation and genuine curiosity for new methods, techniques, and solutions. Our specialties are data science and analytics, data engineering, software engineering, and end-to-end analytic solutions architecture. We’ve also got some awesome benefits like the Altamira Healthy Living program, with ongoing competitions and a flexible spending stipend for health and wellness-related items.
Location: Northern Virginia
The Role: The Solutions Architect or Technical Lead role provides technical leadership on software engineering, data engineering, data science, and analytic programs. That said, we also need your hands on a keyboard. You’ll be a participating team member on a technical team responsible for the design and development of analytic solutions. You will also track competing solutions, software and tools, and other technical efforts within the target customer space to better inform Altamira’s ability to differentiate its technical solutions. You will develop positive working relationships with your customers and seek opportunities to expand Altamira’s presence. The Solutions Architect will report to a Program Manager or Account Executive.
- Demonstrable expertise in an area of data science, analytics, or software engineering (e.g. NLP, computer vision, predictive modeling and forecasting, application development, cloud architecture, or deep learning)
- Working knowledge of 2 or more programming languages
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Experience developing software in cloud environments (AWS strongly preferred)
- Expertise in common data, solutions architecture, and software delivery technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch, JanusGraph, Jenkins, Terraform, React, Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with specific sensor phenomenologies is desired (e.g. SAR & RF, OPIR, etc.)
- Publication(s) representing novel analytic methods desired
- TS/SCI clearance (must have)
- 5+ years serving as a technical SME or project lead in the areas of data science, machine learning, software engineering, systems architecture, cloud application development, or relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or higher in similar technical field to above (MS or PhD strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and other similar tools
- Experience delivering software or technical solutions to DOD or IC customers, USAF, JAIC, NRO, NGA, or other intelligence organizations
- Certifications desired, such as: PMP; Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP); CISSP; CompTIA, etc.
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time