2nd Shift position. Coordinates and directs the activities of assigned warehouse personnel while applying knowledge of warehouse methods, equipment, and capability of workers. Confers with management personnel to establish warehouse and Quality standards. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train, assign, and supervise activities of workers engaged in shipping/receiving material, storing material, pulling material for manufacturing, and restocking finished product into the warehouse.
- Provide input to management on employee performance according to established RRD personnel policies
- Monitors productivity and performance standards, plans and directs work flow and project assignments.
- Insures that all material movement by personnel is accompanied by system transactions.
- Identify, develop, and lead implementation of measures to improve efficiency of warehouse methods, equipment performance and working conditions.
- Audits the receiving process, the shipping process and the RMA process.
- Assumes responsibility for user transactions on system. Tracks user errors. Uses system knowledge to supervise transaction error correction.
- Analyzes advanced errors on system, resolves issues.
- Work with plans and develops warehouse activities and work schedules to meet requirements.
- Provides prompt and accurate service to the manufacturing floor, insuring that downtime is minimized.
- Maintains prompt and accurate communication with Account Management for material status changes, and with other customer specific requests.
- Maintains accurate personnel records. Disciplines personnel when necessary..
- Understands OSHA regulations and ISO9001 standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Skill in verbal and written communication, forward and progressive thinking, and problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to physically count articles or products on shelves, racks and pallets
- Adept with basic mathematical calculations, and preparing written operational reports
- Minimum 4 to 6 years related production, warehouse and/or distribution center experience.
- 3 years of Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of warehouse and inventory practices and procedures, standard management principles and practices, and standard business practices.
- Experienced with applicable safety regulations.
- Ability to lead and train a high performance team and achieve results and team goals.
- Carry out responsibilities while upholding our values and ethics.
- Operate a personal computer and job related software proficiently.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends if business require it.