Ready to join a fast-growing, diverse team tackling one of the biggest industries in the world?
HiOperator's mission is to automate customer service by augmenting awesome humans with great technology. We have been scaling exponentially and we continue to look for new team members to join our quest to change the industry.
The HiOperator mission is to automate customer service. As a senior member of the HiOperator tech team, you will play a central role in delivering the software to achieve this mission through a combination of integrations, machine learning, and clever programming.
HiOperator is working towards a highly unified, modular architecture to allow for (a) rapid development of new integrations and modules while (b) also remaining highly accessible for future engineers to easily get up to speed.
HiOperator is a YC backed company currently servicing 50+ clients with an ARR of 20m and growing.
THE OPPORTUNITY YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
- A challenge. We're not looking for someone who wants to just develop APIs for clients to access information, but rather someone who wants to extend and improve how customer service infrastructure is deployed and used.
- To explore the limits of something deeply technical. Besides being technically skilled and able to lead major engineering efforts, we're looking for someone with an intense curiosity for deeply technical things most people shy away from.
- A role with real impact and ownership. HiOperator will enable people around the world to improve customer success for products that small teams normally don't have access to. You will get to make foundational decisions that will affect each product.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We're looking for skilled or motivated full-stack engineers to take technical ownership on one of the following priorities for the company:
- Upgrade currently existing support workflow creator to run more smoothly under load. Includes building a scaffolding layer for the platform, new integrations, and revamp architecture of the core app.
- Implement advance NLP to automatically pull intention from customer support emails to fill in support workflow. This will drastically improve support speed and minimize human mistakes.
- Hire, train and build a rock star engineering team under your leadership and mentorship.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Min 5-year experience working with a modern Full-Stack framework (React/Node)
- Min 4+ years of experience developing mobile web pages or web applications
- Experiences in Node.js or other languages for backend development, like Java, Go, etc
- Great understanding of concurrency, microservices, functional programming, and oop programming
- Strong base in computer science (algorithms, data structures, code architecture)
- Developed with 3rd party tools such as Apollo GraphQL, Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes, Docker containers, Nginx (or any other reverse proxy/load balancer), Elastic Search, Redis, Kafka, Mixpanel, Twilio
- Comfortable debugging and analyzing server-side metrics to improve optimization
- Great communication skills through written (documentation) or spoken (meetings, presentations)
- An understanding of how to leverage microservice and/or serverless architectures in combination with a Node Express server stack.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Highly competitive salary (120k-160k)
- Ownership in the business (.1%-.3%)
- Standard healthcare
- 20 vacation days a year
- Catered lunches and free snacks in office
- Sweet office and swag
- Weekly happy hours for team bonding