Experience Southern Reimagined with a career at The Dewberry.
About The Dewberry:
Offering 155 thoughtfully appointed rooms, world-class service and unparalleled views, The Dewberry occupies the former L. Mendel Rivers (circa 1964) federal building and pays homage to Charleston’s mid-century architectural splendor. The hotel is the result of owner John Dewberry’s vision of “Southern Reimagined,” which he developed over the course of an eight-year renovation and preservation of the building. The hotel features several event spaces, the nationally celebrated cocktail program at the brass bar in The Living Room, high quality, the whimsical cocktail lounge Citrus Club and treatments using seafaring ingredients and low country botanicals in The Spa. The Dewberry is committed to delivering a world-class experience to our discerning guests with a thoughtful approach and flawless execution. We are known among our teammates, our guests and our community as leaders in our field of hospitality who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE DEWBERRY TEAM:
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement & Growth Opportunities
- Full-Time and Part-Time Positions
- Flexible Paid Time Off (17 Days)
- 401K with 4% Company Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Free On-Site Downtown Parking
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage for Full-Time Teammates following 60 Days of Employment
- Dry-Cleaning Provided
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Events Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Events
The Events Manager will manage and lead the servicing of events at The Dewberry Charleston by marrying world- class sophistication with Southern Charm and culture. The innovative, classic and ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding, respect and love for our locale.
Major areas of responsibilities/management include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate Group Resumes and BEO’s.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel policies, occupancy projections, sales trends and local events to maximize sales.
- Professionally represent the hotel.
- Assists clients with menu selections for each event.
- Upsells menus and upcharges other services
- Ensures attrition, food and beverage minimums and meeting room charges are met.
- Be a guest centric decision maker
- Follows up on rooming lists and deposit deadlines as outlined in the contract.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Produce accurate BEO’s and resumes and participate in all BEO meetings to ensure proper communication at all levels.
- Work closely with Banquets, Kitchen, Front Office, Accounting and A/V to insure all guest requirements are met.
- Maintain a professional and stylish image at all times in compliance with The Dewberry grooming standards.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Build strong relationships with clients and have a track record on long-term client relationships.
- College degree preferred and/or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ Management work experience in luxury hotel operations, ideally Catering/Event planning.
- Knowledge of servicing events.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, effective listening and presentation skills.
- Team and hotel focused solid decision- maker regarding booking appropriate events.
- Pro-active, knowledgeable, and organized of business to fulfill the hotels need dates/space, seasonality, patterns of strategic objectives.
- Self-motivator with strong time management skills and keen abilities to set and achieve goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, function well under pressure, delegate effectively and ability to remain positive and constructive under stress.