We are currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our sales team! The sales representative will serve as a key contributor for business development with existing and new clients focusing on growing and managing business across a regional territory, and converting sales leads into clients. This position will generate client insights, grow awareness for company products and services, build strong relationships with clients and key influencers, and collaborate with the Ames store network to create value and meet or exceed growth objectives.
- Grow existing client base and solicit new business, search out all possible channels of distribution, and maintain strong relationships with existing accounts.
- Help determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Actively prospect, qualify, and meet with new clients.
- Consultative selling to a regional territory.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Visit job sites and contractor offices frequently to network and establish sales/service relationships.
- Build a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Increase rentals of Ames Tools by coordinating training opportunities with commercial and residential drywall contractors.
- Preparing weekly and monthly sales reports and updates relative to territory activity.
- Actively manage interactions with existing as well as potential customers using Ames Tools CRM system (Salesforce) maintaining a well-developed pipeline.
- Gather & report competitive activity.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from college or university and 3-5 years of sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics, proven ability to meet and exceed sales quota.
- Knowledge of the construction, building, or drywall industry preferred.
- Ability to manage sales budgets and participate in setting sales goals.
- Capability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative.
- Capacity to inspire confidence and gain credibility with both clients and co-workers.
- Proficient in writing, speaking, reading, comprehension and negotiating.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Extensive travel within the region is required.
- Must have valid driver's license with acceptable MVR.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must be able to hear customers and speak with customers to assist them with purchases and information.
UNDERSTANDING OF JOB ESSENTIALS:
Ames Taping Tools is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. Ames is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
Job Type: Full-time