Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The CS Lead constitutes an advanced position which handles a broad variety of pre-sales, sales and/or post-sales service functions for our customers in a timely, consistent and professional manner. The CS Lead is the customer’s ambassador and shows responsible and accountable for any commitments of our company towards the customer. In addition the CS Lead is supporting its Supervisor in guiding a group of 5 to 7 CS agents by providing professional instructions and first level support in case need.
2. Provide phone and online support for internal and external customer questions, comments, complaints related to diagnostic equipment
3. Provide basic operator assistance and general troubleshooting
4. Responds to, investigates and resolves any inbound customer requests and inquiries via all modes of communication (phone, fax, mail, chat, instant message, and email) in a timely & courteous manner
5. Proactively contacts customers to follow up on customer requests, orders and / or any further issues in a timely manner (outbound activities)
6. Operate a ticket system for service call tracking
7. Document service calls maintaining records in alignment with FDA requirements
8. Provide 1st and 2nd level support and escalation if equipment exchange or repairs are needed
9. Perform order entry and processing functions
10. Track serial number, history of devices, warranty and service agreements
11. Create and provide service level reporting
12. Minor hardware repairs, mainly part swap
13. CRM and Help Desk ticket system tracking
14. Assumes responsibility for overarching team tasks
15. Assists supervisor / manager and makes recommendations to management concerning improvement procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience and knowledge in Technical Customer Service
- 1 - 3 years of experience and knowledge in optics preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience in technical customer experience with PCs, LAN connectivity and phone troubleshooting, preferably within a phone support/IT helpdesk function.
- Networking experience preferred.
- Knowledge of optics and dispensing a plus.
- High degree of customer orientation and customer service attitude
- Excellent service skills such as politeness, confidence, tact, patience and diplomacy
- Proven ability to mitigate difficult customer situations, while working in a fast paced environment, with high flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Good communication (verbal and written), presentation and motivational skills beyond own area of responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership, motivational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in use and administration of order entry and phone systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- ABOC or equivalent qualification highly desirable
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.