The sales representative will work cooperatively with the sales manager and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customer’s base, create new customers, in an inbound and outbound telesales environment, while meeting and exceed monthly sales goals at the appropriate gross margin.
- Conduct Outside sales call activities between the hours of 8:00am through 2:00pm.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, upselling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale item
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to assure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Contact customer following sale to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples.
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows, or reading trade journals.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.