The Administrative Assistant, communicates, organizes and coordinates the daily workload of field crews, as set forth by the operation’s manager, through the use of equipment and machinery.
The Administrative Assistant ensures contractual requirements and customer needs are met or exceeded in the course of daily operations by communicating between Operations Manager and field supervisor. Office hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (with an assigned half hour lunch break) Monday thru Friday. The pay range is $13.25 to $16.50 per hour commensurate with experience. This is a non-benefited position and the opportunity to accrue vacation time.
· Utilize the operational system to ensure that the customer’s needs are met or exceeded on a consistent basis.
· Significant amount of inbound and outbound calling, email and texting to customers and employees.
· Prevent, identify, investigate and resolve customer issues utilizing principles of good customer service.
· Support the Operations Manager by coordinating with sales, operations and crew to facilitate efficient daily operations.
· Maintain and record daily records. Log, report and present departmental records.
· Schedule job checks for upcoming jobs.
· Ensure quality and accuracy of schedule for the following day.
· Organize and prioritize daily work assignments for equipment and crews.
· Correctly identify and determine location of company resources.
· Intake lead info and preforms customer calls.
· Ensure drivers are compliant with federal, state and local regulations and adhering to DOT requirements with all loads and routes.
· Monitor and approve project hours and individual employees’ timecards.
· Work with operations manager to ensure field employees have qualifications to complete job assignments.
· Tracks arrival/departure times, late arrivals, any issues that may arrive on an invoice.
· Follow company credit procedures to establish customer lines of credit.
· Generate estimates, quotes and follow through to invoicing.
· Assist with maintaining badging requirements for customer access and other on-site access requirements.
· Maintain filing system for customer transactions, both physical files and electronic.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
· Minimum of 2 years in dispatch/customer service experience within the equipment rental/construction industry or related field.
· Must be an organization pro with exceptional attention to detail.
· Must have a supreme sense of urgency, and execute that urgency with a measured, specific approach.
· Must manage competing priorities to success.
· Must be calm in the chaos.
· Must have an uncanny ability to "get stuff done."
· Comfortable with ambiguity and working in an ever-changing environment
· Must be computer proficient
· Experience administering, improving and running operational software(s)
· Typing skills
· Demonstrate the ability to follow operational procedures
· Strong customer service orientation with a professional phone demeanor
· Effective organizational and communication skills
· An ability to function well as part of a team, multi-task
· Diligent attention to safety
· Excellent verbal and written communication. English is a must. Spanish is a plus.
· Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations highly preferred.
· Knowledge of state regulations regarding height and weight maximums a plus.
· Cad and or 3D CraneLift software proficiency desired.
· Dispatcher is in an open-air field office environment. Occasional field inspections and training may be required
· Walking on unlevel terrain
· Must be able to stand, sit, walk for extended periods.
· Must be able to lift, pull or push 25 lbs
· Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries.
· Must have the ability to work in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels.
· The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.25 - $16.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location