The Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego is seeking a hard working and professional Director of Sales to join their team! The Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego boasts 179 guest rooms, an indoor swimming pool and 1,200 sq. ft. of meeting & event space, and is conveniently located near Oswego Lake, Beaverton and Downtown Portland!
Job Overview: The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of room sales through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Administer the staffing, training and performance reviews for the Sales Department. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Lane’s standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report and Sales Meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for prospective clients. Internally promote hotel’s programs. Meet with and entertain clients, some of which may require travel.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Conduct an average of one to two property site inspections per day with potential customers. This entails walking approximately one-half mile for each property tour over various surfaces and an oral presentation.
- Travel to industry-related tradeshows. Reach up to approximately eight feet in order to setup and dismantling of booth displays and carrying a minimum of 25 pounds for transporting of collateral material is required.
- Participate in key organizations as recommended by management and Corporate Director of Sales.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing budget.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear language. Operate a facsimile machine and photocopier as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge of skills and abilities.
Minimum of 3 years sales experience and 1 year of supervisory experience required. Prior hotel or hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
CPR Certification recommended. First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
From: Spire Hospitality