- Achieving and exceeding membership sales and revenue goals and selling ancillary services;
- Contribute to member retention and satisfaction by advising members and guests on programs that will help them meet their long and short-term health and fitness goals;
- Providing members and guests with legendary service and enhancing their sense of belonging and community within the club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Achieve financial performance results through the generation of new memberships and ancillary service memberships.
- Achieve or exceed individual membership sales goals by generating referrals, converting inquiries (phone/web) into appointments and following up with and closing prospects.
- Implement and adhere to all steps of the sales process including assessing the needs of prospective members, providing a value-based presentation of the Chiefs Fit brand, programs and services, leading an enthusiastic and informative tour, presenting membership/service options and prices and closing sales.
- Help integrate new members into the club by scheduling their complimentary sessions at the point of sale and following up with them as scheduled.
- Responsible for meeting weekly and monthly goals and metrics as outlined in individual weekly tracking sheets
- Responsible for fully completing weekly tracking sheets on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for meeting with GM on a weekly basis to review prior week’s activity and current week activity. The Sales Manager should come to the meetings with a plan to achieve their goals/metrics.
- Maintain relationships with existing corporate partnerships for assigned accounts. Responsible for participating in events like Benefits and Wellness Fairs, setting up special classes, programs, lunch & learns for employees to attend.
- Complete all tasks generated by In Touch in a timely manner.
- Actively develop leads through a variety of activities including telephone, internet and community outreach and partnerships, corporate visits, referrals and special events. (Expectation is to meet or exceed your personal and team sales goal each month. At the beginning of each month you will create your “Formula to Succeed” based on your personal and the team goal which will define the number of calls, appointments and sales you need per day.)
- Utilize the lead tracking system to manage sales leads and member service and ensure all data related to prospects and members is inputted correctly and in a timely manner. All activity must be inputted accurately into ABC/GymSales on a daily basis.
- By the 1st of each month (unless the 1st falls on a weekend then it would be the following Monday) collaborate with the team to create the monthly lead generation calendar with the internal and external prospecting activities, events and targeted call drives to ensure success for that month.
- Before ending each shift, ensure that your ABC/GymSales tasks for your next shift is up-to-date and setup for success.
- Complete and submit all new member paperwork (Membership Agreement, Personal Training Policies, Corporate Proof, etc.) before leaving the club the day the member joins. For phone joins, complete all required paperwork within 72 hours of the join.
- Distribute incoming leads according to the outlined guidelines.
- Attend and participate in Membership Team, club and company meetings, member functions, outside marketing events, and the planning and implementation of promotions.
- Know your competition and use that information to make suggestions or changes that enable your club to be “best in class” and achieve results.
- Ensure superior customer service by sustaining a culture, through actions and example, wholly committed to listening to members and guests, understanding their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Create and deepen relationships with members and enhance their sense of belonging and community within the club by reaching out to “your” members in person and by phone and email. (Check in with members by making approximately 20 member calls per day and connecting with at least 10 of them.)
- Deal with member issues proactively, “own” member problems that come to your attention and solve those issues within a 24-hour period.
- Handle member freezes, upgrades and cancellations, always doing your best to “save” a membership whenever possible.
- Be knowledgeable about your job, the company, and our services, promotions and business practices so that you can provide members and guests with consistent and accurate information.
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth in our Service Standards.
- Work as part of the overall team by respecting, supporting, and encouraging your co-workers, pitching in and assisting co-workers and other departments when necessary, and approaching challenges in a creative, positive, and team centered manner.
- Maintain an active and working knowledge of the company as well as all services and promotions.
- Be proficient in all club software systems.
- Follow all club policies and procedures.
- Remain up-to-date on all individual, department and company communications by reading and responding to all individual and departmental emails and posted signage as well as checking the company intranet often for important information and updates.
- Attend all meetings, special events, education sessions to learn and provide feedback and share ideas on improving and building all aspects of the business
This is a full-time, exempt position. Your daily schedule will vary throughout the week depending on the needs of the club, the staff, and the members. Your hours will include prime time hours and some weekends and holidays. All members of the Membership Team work the last two days of the month. Special events, promotions, and other demands will require some early mornings and late nights.
KEY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION FACTORS
- Ability to exemplify and live the company’s core values
- Ability to meet department and individual membership goals
- Ability to meet individual prospect and member follow-up goals
- Ability to fulfill essential duties
- Contribution and proactive participation as part of the company’s membership team.
1. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
- General understanding of Fitness Industry
- Ability to work with computers
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times
- High school degree or GED required
- Must complete company sales training and orientation program
- 3-5 years sales experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds
- Typing, using the telephone and computer mouse
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, and stair climbing
- Ability to demonstrate proper fitness techniques