At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS), Global Sales & Marketing (GS&M) is seeking a Senior Marketing and Sales Representative (Business Development) to support Boeing Global Services (BGS). We need you to bring your experience, skills, initiative and drive to this key Senior Business Development role. You will be responsible for aftermarket sales and marketing activities to the U.S. Government. Specific focus will be on Commercial Derivative Aircraft programs. You will be an integral in connecting customers with product support solutions that help deliver the capability and readiness our nation needs.
- Lead development of solutions to current and future customer needs and articulate the Boeing Value in a clear and succinct manner
- Oversee Customer Relationship Management, understand customer needs and decision process, and ensure customer satisfaction in support of future sales
- Drive aftermarket sales to include training, modifications and upgrades, spares & repairs, maintenance services, etc
- Apply functional excellence processes and tools to organize, build and manage large sales teams to win new business
- Work closely with Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Supplier Management, and other departments to create and capture new business opportunities
- Frequent travel should be anticipated in order to build strong customer relationships and a strong industry network
- Due to frequent travel and anticipated work from a home office, candidates should be proficient in a virtual work environment
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in St. Louis, MO.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in the acquisition and execution environment within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and/or the Defense Industry
- Experience building, developing and maintaining close customer relationships
- Experience both written and verbal, with public speaking and frequent interactions with senior-level management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- 10+ years of experience in the acquisition and execution environment within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and/or the Defense Industry
- Sales & Marketing / Business Development training and experience applicable to defense contracts, including, but not limited to capture training and proposal writing / proposal management training
- Experience developing and executing sales strategies, new business Capture Plans and Customer Contact Plans, as well as developing and presenting briefings to customers
- Demonstrated skills to conduct and/or coordinate business opportunity assessment, win strategy development, market research, competitive intelligence, and promotional marketing efforts.
- Broad knowledge of Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Supplier Management, and other functions to effectively lead cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Active Secret Clearance.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 100,800 – 187,200