BRIEF STATEMENT OF THE PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
We are looking for a Strategic Marketing Director to own our Substance Use & Recovery and Physical Rehab software segments and serve as the bridge between our products and the people who use them. You’ll work across the marketing team to define our go-to-market and expansion strategies and own the cross-functional relationships within the segment. Your goal is to build a strong cadence of clear communication with our core constituents to keep them informed and excited about our products, while continuously expanding our reach and driving lead acquisition.
As a Strategic Marketing Director at Therapy Brands, you will have the opportunity to focus on a range of leading products in the mental, behavioral, and physical therapy spaces. You’ll work closely with our sales and customer success teams to create messaging that resonates with customers and leads at all stages of the buyer and user journey. Additionally, you will partner with our product team to develop value propositions, feature/benefit matrices, and product launch plans. Lastly, you’ll manage our demand generation-focused marketing team to execute revenue-focused campaigns for products within your segments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Understand the technical details of how our products work, how to use them, and who our audiences are – be an expert on buyers and users of our products.
- Collect, frame, and execute on key insights; you’ll manage everything from product launches to content development.
- Collaborate with the marketing team including Content Strategy and Demand Generation to consistently deliver results and execute on a cohesive strategy.
- Create and execute go-to-market strategies for new products in your segments.
- Conduct ongoing user and market research and maintain comprehensive competitive analyses for all product to develop audience segmentation and personas. This work will inform new and existing marketing initiatives, channel strategies, new product direction, and more
- Manage product launches, customer engagement, sales and marketing collateral development, and customer communications around launches.
- Drive product use-case and feature adoption within the customer base through customer education and engagement, report on progress quarterly (cross-sell/up-sell).
- Regularly report on progress to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Communicate value proposition of products to our sales team and work with the design team to develop sales collateral that support the sales process.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams and own development of audience-focused collateral, including data sheets, websites, and other materials that help tell our product stories.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer pain-points and position our products to help differentiate our brands among target audiences.
- Build and manage an evolving suite of resources for current and prospective users, including guides, webinars, landing pages, media assets, and more.
- Deliver measurable marketing results and own the overall success of the segment.
- Monitor and report on site, campaign, and content analytics to draw conclusions and iterate quickly on messaging strategies.
- Develop annual expense & MQL budget to drive needed pipeline for sales to achieve their goals
- Work closely with segment EVPs to author go-to-market strategies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
- 5+ years of strategic marketing experience, including managing a results-orientated marketing team.
- Experience in healthcare highly desired; strong consideration given to experience with Therapy ERP/CRM technology.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Demonstrated ability to understand and synthesize concepts into simple, powerful, and engaging positioning and messaging.
- Proven experience developing and distilling market research via qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics.
- Proven ability to tackle (or approach) complex problems in a unique or innovative way.
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to be dedicated in a dynamic environment, maturity to prioritize and understand where to introduce new processes without slowing things down.
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling messaging, content, and campaigns throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong critical thinking and ability to translate strategy into implications and action.
- Strong writing and editorial skills.
- Proven ability to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong campaign analysis and reporting skills, experience reporting results out to the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Normal working conditions require normal to close concentration, visual attention and manual dexterity. Lifting requirements less than 10 pounds. Moderate noise.