Sunbelt Controls is looking for Service Manager to join our Azusa/Anaheim office!
At Sunbelt Controls, we strive to lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost, which help our customers be more efficient and competitive in today's world. We translate emerging technologies into value for our customers by creating smarter, more efficient buildings through our professional solutions, services, and critical systems integration.
The Service Manager is responsible for the successful sale and execution of Sunbelt Controls Service Projects, Tenant Improvements, Time and Material, and Renewable Maintenance Agreements at acceptable and agreed to profitability levels in Los San Diego, CA. This will be accomplished by capitalizing on the Company’s existing Customer Base, skilled labor force, and Service Project Management Staff. Retaining and/or strategically adding highly motivated personnel within the Company’s compensation policies are essential. Meeting or exceeding both external and internal customer expectations as they relate to the professionalism, timeliness and ethics of the team is an ongoing objective of the position. Developing and managing the Delivery Process is an important component of any business. The Service Manager will work closely with the team to increase our customers and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities to include the leadership and management of the day-to-day service business including but not limited to all Service Project Managers, Field personnel, and Service Administrative Staff. This role supports the strategic planning and development of the overall Service Department in alignment with the business’ strategic direction.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Monitor proposal and bid activity levels in the main business segments, which are predominately owner direct, or with contractors on an owner managed accounts (Retrofit, Repairs, Maintenance and Integration) for Service opportunities.
- Review estimates, pricing proposals and non-standard contractual documents on large or risky transactions.
- Prospect, qualify and secure new projects and maintenance opportunities for the service department.
- Assist in estimating, proposal generation and customer presentations as needed to secure new business.
- Run quarterly sales meetings with the sales staff (at a minimum).
- Promote team selling between construction and service departments.
- Provides project development support with operational staff as necessary to the Project Managers in solutions, applications, execution and cost estimating strategies.
- Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope of work is completed on time and within budget.
- Complete multi-year maintenance planning and scheduling utilizing contractual documents, customer interface, and site or equipment experience.
- Interface and communicate with our customers for Customer Loyalty, Satisfaction and Quality Assurance activities.
- Create and execute improvement plans for our service business based on customer feedback.
- Manage financial aspects of our service contract agreements ensuring continued profitability and cost containment.
- Ensure that our customers perceive the value of the services we provide.
- Insure adequate and sustainable growth in Renewable Maintenance Agreements.
- Responsible for the management and renewals of all customer WebCTRL Licenses and Upgrades.
- Responsible for Service Charge Rates in accordance with Market trends and competitive analysis.
- Assist in problem solving, conflict resolution and bill collecting with consistency and timeliness.
- Collaborate with our customers to match product offering and service capabilities with their business and facility needs
- Manages and oversees service standards, process execution, and quality assurance of the local service operations team.
- Review and participate in the analysis of monthly financial statements for assigned region.
- Review monthly incentive compensation calculations and draw account requests for Project Managers.
- Manages the local team though leadership and change management techniques to effectively deploy new service strategies, standards and processes as necessary.
- Manages the service group workload and resource capacity through effective planning and allocation of team resources to service operations as the local business dictates.
- Manages the cost accountability of each of the team members through leadership and effective communication and coaching.
- Responsible for administration of individual skills assessments and annual personal and professional development planning for operations personnel.
- Supports the development of methods and processes to increase personnel efficiency and effectiveness while striving to reduce costs for overall service operations.
- Local market networking and third party recruiting relation development to support the recruitment and hiring of all operational and sales focused staff.
- Develops annual staffing and recruiting strategy for sizing the local service operations business for growth.
- Proactively supports the evaluation of potential issues on service projects and maintenance Agreements and initiates actions plans with the associated Service Project Manager to limit negative outcomes and exposure.
- Develops and maintains viable and productive relationships with the local customer base, project managers, office staff and field personnel. Schedules and attends meetings as necessary.
- Manages individual and department operational productivity on a monthly and YTD basis to meet expected productivity metric goals for the local business unit.
- Evaluates and develops operational group supervisor roles for effective management and leadership of their respective teams as put in place with needs of the local business growth.
- Continuously pursues personal development in local market and industry technologies and solutions to enable operational support both internally and externally as necessary.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction and Customer Retention in all service related matters.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales/Local Manager, Regional Operations Manager, and/or the Executive team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or 10-15 years of related work experience.
- Ability to achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it is appropriate to consult with others in the organization and/or escalate to the Regional Manager and/or local Sales Manager.
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to convey advanced concepts in a manner that is understandable to basic/junior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate basic and/or “stretch” tasks to less experienced staff and assign resource correctly to diagnose/address issues.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, especially when conducting job site walks.
- Must possess & maintain a valid class “c” driver’s license and have the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture- We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.