Combines inside sales/customer service and technical/systems knowledge to sell products, services and solutions to new and existing customers/account base through a variety of inbound and outbound multimedia communications (e.g., telephone, email, fax, portals). Effectively develops and manages trusted relationships for assigned customers/accounts. Promotes company options and solutions to customers on a regular basis. Identifies sales opportunities to deliver focused market/brand solutions to the customer resulting in increased market share, sales and margin for suppliers and maximizing value to the company. Consistently delivers revenue or profit that supports and drives the account/customer to meet financial sales metrics.
- Delivers solutions or finds new opportunities for a positive customer experience utilizing independent judgment and sales methodology.
- Initiates and answers sales inquiries directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers to promote product offerings, services and capabilities.
- Promptly and accurately responds to prospective or existing customer information requests.
- Monitors/follows up on sales activities throughout the process to meet or exceed customer requirements from initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service and customer knowledge (e.g., Distribution Total Available Market (DTAM), projects in pipeline, critical start dates).
- Working in a team environment, proactively coordinates sales efforts and strategies with internal resources such as product, materials, field sales and suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with customers regarding current product information and provides accurate and detailed pricing, quotes, and input on products and final solutions.
- Coordinates existing customer requirements for inventories, delivery lead time and unit prices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Acquires basic skills through work experience or formal training to perform routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine, repetitive and manual in nature with minimal complexity or variation and specific to the job.
- Work is performed under supervision with detailed instructions. Priorities are provided for performing work.
- Interacts mostly with immediate peers within assigned customers/teams. Based on nature of the role, may respond to requests from others in the organization.
- Impact of decisions is primarily contained to the work of the job.
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possesses knowledge of products or services typically for a specific brand or line of business.
- Exhibits the ability to deliver solutions for small and less complex accounts.
- Maybe required to occasionally travel to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
- Beginning demonstrated knowledge of systems such as SAP, ERP, order management.
- Basic Excel skills, Microsoft office suite and Outlook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.