500 Maria Drive,
Petaluma, CA, 94954
https://thecodery.io | [email protected]
WHO WE ARE:
theCodery is a Salesforce consulting and PDO (Product Development Outsourcer) partner. We deliver Salesforce
solutions to enable strong back office automation, integration, and high performance for a myriad of business
functions for rapidly growing companies in the healthcare, nonprofit, and Software-as-a-Service (Saas) industries, to
name a few. Additionally, we work with Salesforce Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners to build high quality,
scalable, successfully security reviewed managed packages for publication on the Salesforce AppExchange.
We are able to deliver this breadth of platform experience in implementations and product development, as we are an
onshore firm with deeply experienced, senior consultants with an average 15 years of IT delivery experience. We
proudly boast a 100% on time, on budget success rate with our clients.
We are passionate about our clients and our employees - in our humble opinion, you will not find a better place to work.
Quality, speed, play, balance, and creativity are the backbone of our culture. We embrace diversity, equality, and justice
in everything we do. We’re looking now to add to our family.
Founded in 2018, we are a fully remote company and growing fast - we are now looking for a next Funcional leader, a
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
We’re looking for a highly talented Solutions Architect who will drive Functional Architecture design and
implementation of our projects. Our ideal candidate has a passion for their clients - they are constantly seeking to
understand the most critical objectives, process, and feedback from a client, even before going to solutions.
This candidate can cover the broad strokes and loves to get in the weeds on details. Likewise, they understand that the
right level of planning and documentation is necessary for a shared understanding, intentional positive outcomes, and
This candidate knows that the client wants working product increments in their hands to test and deploy quickly, but a
counterbalance of appropriate process ensures positive outcomes that scale for 10 users as well as 10,000 users.
theCodery.io | Solutions Architect 1
This candidate feels comfortable working with sharp Technical Architects to build an overarching Solution & Technical
Architecture, working out the optimal balance of declarative and programmatic solutions that a client can own,
maintain, and grow into long after theCodery is gone. For this candidate, prototyping, show & tells, and putting
something in front of people and getting unfiltered feedback is where the real excitement lies in getting a solution off
Deadlines and budget constraints don’t scare our ideal candidate. In fact, because this candidate has been through
many implementations and professional services deliveries before, he / she views these as healthy constraints that
enable team members to have clearly defined tasks that can be managed transparently. In fact, the candidate sees
constraints and transparency as fundamental, sound communication principles that delight clients - nobody likes
surprises in a project.
The candidate knows well the project does not end at development. There’s a slew of activities to aid the client, who
may not always know what exactly is necessary in many cases, in testing, training, and go live deployment. He / she
recognizes that no client wants things “thrown over the wall” to them and that they have human beings working for
them who may need a little empathy and help going through something they perceive will disrupt their success.
Likewise, the candidate does such killer work, that they feel comfortable taking a minute to write up a blog post, white
paper, and/or deliver a webinar to share their work. The candidate recognizes the value of contributing to our greater
community, and how this is a win-win for all.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You are the key, critical, and primary success owner for our client implementations and product development. You are
the star of the show. As my uncle Ben used to say, with great power comes great responsibilities, such as:
- Initiating the project and its related tasks; leading the project team
- Conducting Business Analysis (BA) and recording this for engagements
- Developing the Solution Architecture for a client in partnership with the Technical Architect (TA)
- Delivering the solution in partnership with the TA, developers, Quality Assurance (QA), and other related roles
on the team
- Communicating status and progress regularly (and transparently) with the client
- Sharing your successes through our digital media channels and conferences (like Dreamforce), virtual and in
person (when these come back online)
We have a playbook, templates, and processes ready to go to aid your work - you are not on an island, you have our full
support. We will invest in training you to be as successful as possible, as well as work with you side-by-side in your
theCodery.io | Solutions Architect 2
THE SKILLSET YOU BRING:
As a senior leader and key hire, we’re looking at these key points to evaluate your potential for success with us:
- 3 years + Salesforce platform Solution Architecture and/or related experience
- Sound working knowledge of
- performant, scalable design patterns on the platform, including Large Data Volumes (LDVs)
- Integration patterns with the platform
- 3+ years working in agile product development and/or project management processes
- 5+ years experience delivering consulting (professional services) engagements
- A strong working knowledge of the Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS)
- An exacting attention to detail. If you see this, mention “Whisky Tango Foxtrot (WTF)” in your application.
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce metadata
- The ideal candidate feels comfortable:
- Working in an IDE (like IntelliJ with Illuminated Cloud)
- Working with Git
- Working with Metadata API based deployments
- Some programmatic development skills or a deep desire and propensity to learn
- Working knowledge of SOQL is a requirement
- Fantastic nice-to-haves (and a willingness to learn, as will be part of the job):
- Working with Salesforce DX
- Ability to read & decipher code
- Ideally, as many of these certifications as possible:
- Certified Application Architect
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer 1
- Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Sharing and Visibility Designer
- You will have flexibility and autonomy as a fully remote worker, including a stipend for home office expenses.
- Pay is commensurate with experience, and we pay competitively with upside performance-based bonus
We’d love for you to apply! Hope to hear from you soon!
Please apply with resume, cover letter, and any portfolio work (if available) to: [email protected]
theCodery is an Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For
Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected
Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law. theCodery Welcomes And Encourages
theCodery.io | Solutions Architect 3
Applications From People With Disabilities. Accommodations Are Available On Request For Candidates
During All Aspects Of The Selection Process. Please Advise The Recruiter or Hiring Manager To Ensure Your
Accessibility Needs Are Accommodated. Information Received Relating To Accommodation Will Be
theCodery.io | Solutions Architect 4