IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The North American Expertise Connect (EC) team is currently seeking an experienced Technical Account Manager.
The successful candidate will provide our clients with the highest level of service and technical guidance via remote and possible on-site assistance. Hands on guidance, analysis and recommendations are made to optimize the clients' use of our IBM Analytics Products including CP4D, Information Server, IGC, WKC, Data Virtualization, OpenShift, RedHat, Kubernetes, Data Sciences and others.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Develop essential partnerships with customers by fulfilling a technical advisory role that enables customers to reach desired objectives with supported products and optimize their ROI
- Provide deep technical research, including debug and workarounds or other instructions to assist with troubleshooting
- Ensure the customer is aware of best practices, optimization and critical go forward information pertinent to their deployment
- Communicate effectively with all levels of technical and management contacts to ensure thorough understanding of customer environments, requirements, problem symptoms, causes and resolutions
- Interact with support and development organizations while addressing problems and escalate as required
- As required, provide on-site support to customers for resolution of reported problems and/or provide knowledge transfer
- Collaborate and coordinate the right players at the right times
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 or more years of experience working with one or more Data & AI products such as Information Server, DataStage, WKC, IGC, Data Virtualization with specialized focus on CP4D implementations
- Knowledge of or experience with Openshift, RedHat, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, Microservices, Machine Learning and/or Data Science
- 5 or more years of technical troubleshooting experience
- 2 or more years of account management experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- System Administration level of familiarity with multiple Unix flavors such as Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX; including performance tuning, configuration, file & directory security, using debugging tools
- Database and third-party product information experience
- Expert level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of and experience in services environments
- Experience collaborating across multiple brands, IBM brand experience preferred
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.