Our doors are open – to you. We are one of the Top 3 companies in our industry and globally leading in smart and secure access solutions. As a trusted partner, we stand for innovation, top performance and a fulfilling workplace. Join our team of 15,000 colleagues around the world and help us build trust every day.
Business Development Manager - Remote - Florida
**This is a remote position located in Florida**
Purpose of the Function:
In alignment with the global strategy for Lodging Systems (LGS), the Business Development Manager leads the development of the accentuated growth strategy for Lodging Systems in the Latin American distribution markets (excluding the Caribbean, Mexico and Brazil, but including the Dominican Republic). The BDM is the driver to bring forward the designed strategy, align with the local distributors, implement agreed segment strategies, support sales activities and deliver on defined business objectives for the region.
- Responsible for (owns) the Lodging Systems P&L for the region.
- Cooperate and contribute to the fulfillment of the short, medium and long-term sales and budgets.
- Seek new business opportunities within the channel and constructively challenges dormakaba´s status.
- Position products/solutions. Support on sales prices and is first escalation level for special offer conditions in alignment with the delegation of authority defined.
- Benchmark and analyze the deviations of objectives/estimated of channel to its position and forecasts of sales under his responsibility.
- Create, maintain and foster strong relationships with the distributors so that Lodging Systems becomes an integrated part of the local business. Coordinate, develop, train and support the needs of the distributors. Align and bring in other support functions as need be to make sure the distributors needs are taken care of.
- Lead or coordinate the activities of account managers for specific regions or even take full responsibilities of certain accounts (chains). Ensure sales team adhere to agreed terms and conditions agreed with corporate accounts, make sure activities are properly reported and all major account master lists are followed up upon and updated on a weekly basis.
- May also act as project manager for specific activities.
- Develop and present annual business plans for the region.
- Define Mid-Term Plan (MTP) /sales budgets, collect and manage budgets for all entities involved in LGS sales.
- Work with the marketing organization to ensure LGS marketing budgets aligned with objectives are in place for every MTP, and together develop marketing activity plans.
- Participate and help organize key marketing events and exhibitions with local and regional team.
- Support the Global Lodging Product Management and Marketing groups.
- Proactively provide analysis, follow up report, and channel input and needs from the local marketing teams to the Global Business Owner (GBO) team.
- Act as the regional ambassador for the LGS cluster and foster a strong and positive winning spirit and culture.
- Proactively engage with distributors to position and promote LGS.
- Work with the distributors to make sure all key markets are covered with needed sales and support resources to deliver on market expectations.
- Proactively look for new business opportunities and build business cases as input for product management.
- Communicate and cascade all LGS product-, price- and other relevant updates to all the distributors.
- Other general & specified duties may be assigned.
- 8-10 years of technology environment innovation experience, with at least five years in the Hospitality Industry, preferably hospitality technology product
- University degree in Business Administration or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Fluently bilingual, English and Spanish, capable of presenting, writing, managing, etc. in either language
- Ideally, southern Florida resident
- Must have a business development track record of growth
- Good technology understanding (IT centric knowledge)
- Proactive, driven and enthusiastic
- Rigorous and disciplined
- Well organized
- Great team spirit
- Excellent communicator
- Strong motivator
- Great negotiation skills and “closer”
- Ability to work under pressure
- Transparent and trusting in dealing with colleagues
- Inclusive work style
- High Work Ethic
- Customer orientation
- Eye for details
- Experience in training larger groups on products and solutions
- Ability to present to customer, internal departments and upper management as needed
Values of dormakaba
dormakaba recognizes the importance of values in our workplace. To succeed, all candidates must demonstrate behaviors that reflect our values. They are: