Opportunity: Event Sales and Services Manager
Sell and service banquet and meeting functions in order to achieve catering department goals. Manage operation of conference services overseeing coordination of conference and meeting groups. Optimize catering sales and achieve guest satisfaction.
Potential Career Path
Sales Manager – Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee all catering sales, targeted towards existing and new corporate and social markets.
- Solicit new business, making prospecting calls and outside client visits.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally, and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details ensuring all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Service accounts including BEO’s, and Group Resumes when necessary.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with sales and convention services, special packages, and create new menus and themes within corporate guidelines
- Prepare information for, meet with, and entertain clients as deemed appropriate to obtaining potential business from that account.
- Provide an exceptional level of service and acquire the highest quality of catered products for our clients.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related industry preferred.
- Proven track record in catering and banquet sales required.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
An ideal hotel in the coveted Dupont Circle neighborhood, The St. Gregory Hotel sits within walking distance of the city’s most iconic neighborhoods including boutique-filled Georgetown and the restaurant filled Foggy Bottom. Guests can easily stroll along the Potomac River and explore the monuments and memorials of the National Mall, or wander Georgetown’s charming cobblestone streets. Whether you’re in town for business or pleasure, The St. Gregory Hotel is the ideal place to stay and relax in the heart of Washington’s most sought-after neighborhood.
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.